A political poem for these troubled times

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by theleastofthese, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

MY COUNTRY, FOR BADDER OR WORSE

Our Ship of State has run aground:
    captained by The King of Pain
    who uses torture for his gain,
    and lies to bring opinion 'round.

He's driving drunk on foreign curves -
    too quickly sends our kids to die
    and kill, and never questions why
    the one who sent them did not serve.

I want to know when we'll awaken
    from our ignorant arrogant sleep.
    Sinking in stinking mud so deep -
    a tarpit of political making.

I'm counting down the days till you
    are gone, with all your cretin crew.
    Your ilk defies all nomenclature -
    no wonder why so many hate you.

least

words subject to revision, the feelings will never change:sad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
  2. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Wow, that's really good! Good job least.

3. theleastofthese

Is there anything I write that doesn't turn to garbage after its birth? All that pain to bring it forth and then I always find a defect, an inherited defect, that I gave it in the forming or the birthing process. Everything is just shit, afterwards. And the struggle leaves me exhausted and feeling useless and bitter. God how I hate it, living, having to live. Only my dog would miss me should I die.

4. ***
    Yo Girlfriend! Who said it turned to garbage! You're far too hard on yourself - you are (admittedly) just coming out of writer's block, no? Be gentle then! I liked the poem - I admittedly a non-political person - but the Great Dubya gets away with murder (literally) - yet it's why I refrain from commenting. Your own country is in turmoil. The world watches in dismay (as for the last several years) - and the polls are down in his own palace of deceit. Black years with him in power - while his own people suffer... I liked your poem very much. I think you should write about you IMHO - maybe that's where the block came from - not looking at or into you - am I overstepping my bounds?? I want you to be whole, or at least express the lack - that's a start. You have power with your words - I've seen it it...

{{FAL1}}

5. theleastofthese

No, you're not overstepping your bounds I just don't want to write about me, I'm sick to death of me. I hate me. There is nothing to write about that I could tolerate writing or reading afterward. It's all just shit.

6. Aren't we in the perfectly RIGHT place to examine our own shit?
    (maybe that's what you're denying and therefore are 'blocked' - like constipation of the soul!) Think of words as fiber!!!! I feel very silly for writing this, but it's the only metaphor I could think of!

{hugs}

FAL1

7. theleastofthese

It's a PERFECT metaphor!!:smile: "constipation of the soul" - I love it!!:biggrin: Seriously tho, I hate writing about my feelings. The writings always sound too full of self pity and bullshit - and I don't like the way they read aloud. It's easier to vent my anger on the shrub and others of his ilk - and there are so many, so much material! Besides, I've got a PhD in Sarcasm...:dry:

You are undoubtedly right, tho, about the Block coming from my reluctance to write about my own self, my own feelings about my self. Maybe I'll try a little one later... after the clonazepam kicks in.:rolleyes:

love ya,

least

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you write what you do least. There is nothing you have said that I feel is garbage. Not even close in fact. Don't ever stop writing hun. :hug:

9. theleastofthese

Thanks Gentlelady;

Your kind words mean a lot to me, especially in these war-torn days. (the war inside my head and inside my home, that is)

Thank you. I love you.:smile:

lots and lots of hugs to you - you DO deserve them, ya know!!:smile: :smile:

love,

least xoxoxox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.