A positive note

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pisces1, Jul 25, 2014.

1. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

This past two weeks have been the longest of my life. I have spent them waiting for the results of a biopsy to come back. It is kind of ironic that i have spent the last year of my life wanting to die and all of the sudden i was scared to death i was going to. I guess it comes down to, i really dont want to die , i just want the pain to go away.

I am doing better though thanks to meds and therapy. I am sticking with it this time too, unlike times in the past when i quit going. I am lucky to because between the therapist and psychiatrist i am getting the kind of support i need, and i can call them anytime night or day if i need help. I am still having some pretty bad down times but they do not last as long as they did before. I am having to learn how to avoid things that could trigger my emotions, at least until i learn how to cope with them in a healthier way. Next month will be a year since my first serious attempt and i am finally starting to feel like i am going to get better. So whatever you do dont give up because you really do not know what tomorrow will bring you.
  2. Caminho - lunar

Caminho - lunar Active Member

It´s feels really good to know this and that you are beginning to feel there´s hope for you (at least was what I understood from your post). I realise this same thing a couple months ago and for me was the first step to get better.

I really like sf for this. It´s the only place I don´t feel alone in my thoughts and feelings.

Please keep posting

3. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

There is hope for all of us, though at times we cannot feel it. I still have days I dont feel it but for every one I do I am so very greatful. I am glad to hear you are on the path of getting better . Stay strong . :)