a problem with a "friend"

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by friendless, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

So, a so-called friend is throwing a baby shower for someone we both know. Problem is when I was pregnant with my daughter, I was lucky for this so-called friend to even just say "you're pregnant!?! Congratulations!" I never got a baby shower from anyone. I got one gift from one friend, I didn't even get so much as a card from any of the others.

When my 'friend' who is throwing the baby shower said "when I find out where we're going to have it I'll let you know" my first thought was 'so... I only get invited to functions where it's expected that I would bring gifts?' My second thought was 'fuck you,' but I just smiled and nodded and said that I had to be somewhere, and that was that.

This is making me very angry, so if anyone could give me a little perspective I'd appreciate it. My emotions are making it hard for me to think about this objectively, the only thing that I can think of is that they couldn't give a shit about me unless they can get something out of it.

I hate my life.

2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Such behavior does sound pretty rude. Maybe letting her know your frustration in a civil tone would help. It could just be a misunderstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.