a question bout Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jnine, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

At least once a month (more often if they can find some place to let us in for free) they load us all up in the little yellow bus and haul us on an outing. As part of my release from the state hospital i've had to agree to attend all required meetings/events in the continuing recovery program to which i've been assinged. So they load all of us and our various accoutrements into the bus and off we go (okay away we go, we have been off for some time now); to a/the muesum, zoo or sports thingee, all of this is as a stated attempt to socialize us. I have some doubts about this. It's always an all day deal and i can understand that, gettng all of us gathered and geared up for an hour or two dosn't hardly seem a reasonable return for the effort involved.

We're strongly encouraged to bring a lunch. We never go anywhere that there is not some kind of food purveyor available but since none of the places has a fruit loop only line and a 'chaperone' must accompany us we are not ever encouraged to buy food

We are all nominally adults but in my entire memory of these endlessly delightfull outings, not one of us has ever brought anything like a grown up lunch. Peanut Butter sandwiches of every sort are the norm. i have a sneaky feeling that the consumption of bizarre PB & something sandwiches has it's own position in the diagnostic axis.

I was appalled at the PB and spagetti on Ritz, horrified at the PB and Tuna on toast but last week my Backpack-Full-Of-Stinky-Stuffed-Animals compatriot (she will go no where with out them all)brought PB, Broccoli and Ketchup......

It's this that brings me to the peanut butter sandwich question.

Whats the strangest or most disgusting PB and whatever sandwich you can imagine, have eaten or ever heard of?
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

My brother likes to eat Peanut Butter, Tuna and Onions. Or Peanut Butter and pickles. Those are pretty strange.

And I didn't notice you had already said PB and Tuna.
  3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

my bro likes grilled PB and bacon...and there is the restaurant here that serves just burgers and they have all sorts of toppings including PB, kraft dinner and other strange toppings :friendless:
  4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

If I remember correctly, "The King" Elvis Presley blew up in weight on disgusting variations of peanut butter sandwiches. Deep fried :puke: PB and banana sandwiches. I believe he also used to consume :puke: peanut butter and (gag) bacon on a whole loaf of french bread while on his private jet traveling between concerts.

Lord that is nasty!! :huh:
  5. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: *Gasp!* I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches!!! At least try them before you knock them :dry:. But I don't deep fry mine and I imagine that makes them pretty icky :huh:. Deep fried anything with peanut butter just sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. Or at least a rough time in the bathroom anyway.

Peanut butter and tuna, though already mentioned, does sound by far the nastiest.
  6. ZombiePringle

I have to agree. Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches are great. Just as already stated not deep fried.. I don't like a lot of deep fried anything. Except maybe fries.
  7. masive

masive Banned Member

Peanut butter sandwiches are good I use to bodybuild and I eat one every night before going to bed has alot of protein and kcals in not only that there ummmmmmmmm!!!!!!! lovely. Best with a glass of milk lol.
  8. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

Kankuro* PB and Tuna is surprisingly popular among the Yellow Bus Bunch for such a nasty smelling thing, most dont add onions though, however they do often plop on a gob of mayo 3P's are well known to the Bunch as well, though they are sometimes not at all any of the Ps one might expect
    PB, Potatoe Chips and Pickles (either or both sweet or dill)
    PB, Pickles, and Pementos
    PB, mashed Pototos, and Pickles
    PB Pementos and Peaches.....insert all possible P combinations. Peppers, pomemengratent seeds i wouldn't be surprised if partridges in pear trees got in there somehow

1izombie* PB and Bacon is one of the creations that i can understand, the salty smoky with the sweet IS good, add some pretzels and it's a party.....sometimes sliced turkey breast is nice with it as well. Most of the sandwiches the YBus bunch make, no restruant would consider just for the visual impact, the congealed 'sketty out of the Ritz crackers had a weird canibalistic appearance
    The resturant sounds good, wonder if either or both staffs would let us eat there?

Probably not, the chaperones have no patience left for the dithering and endless substitution requests/questions many of us/my cohorts cannot get through any decesion making process without. And any smart resturant staff would do well to hide out in the back, tryng not to giggle, if they saw us invading, um entering

bluegrey* i have to agree with friendless and Kankuro, PB and non fried Banana is a creamy treat, OH! on fresh Italian Bread with maybe a thin layer of cream cheese (oh no i'm starting to genuinely see the appeal for the creation process)

friendless* the PB and tuna is unappealing, the PB and Jelly Tuna is much worse,
    the YBus classic,a PB & J & Tuna and cheese though is so ugly as to be avoided at all costs, even to the giving up of my own PB and whatever sandwich in favor of an extra half hour pacing and schooling my self to just look away. There is some awfull fascination for me in watching them/us have lunch, like a bunny in headlights, i'm frozenly fixated on the coming diaster
    almost certainly one or more of us will drop a mushy rumpled clump of sticky and then the fun really hits the lavatory. But i digress, how do you prepare your PB and Banana? are you a small round banana button slicer or a long layer builder? On toast?

KanKuro* did you say you put have PB and fries? has possiblilties, hmmmm, maybe on matzo to help cut the heaviness?

masive* i'm pretty sure the nutrition is second to the next ever important consideration of physical saftey. Some of us are not allowed to handle anything but spoons and the stickyness of the PB offers some cohesiveness for the unexpected additons, like hard boiled egg, or tomatoe and raisins. Plus it tends to cushion the impact should the sandwiches be used as artillery. But absoutely cold milk is the perfect compliment to every and each PB thingie

I dont' think they come up with these things to get at me really, i think that after years and years and endless PB and J meals they got tired of the only unexpected thing being Strawberry or Grape. and rebeliousness has some part in the phenom, But they do REAlly enjoy trying to shock me with them....
    So, i'm looking for ideas with which to give back some of that joy

i took a PB, and Pineapple coleslaw on nori but clearly they are ahead of the genre in Kindegarten/Pacific Rim Fusion cuisine....no one even blinked

i thought i was being very devious with my PB and chex mix but there were two others with that very conceptsandwich just that day, crunching away and spewing sandwich debris as they guffawed and chorteled

tried PB and shreaded carrots, PB and picked beets, PB and BBQ chicken, on pita, the pita got me some respect but not enough to bring me up to thier level and throught that some lunch time peace

anyone have any other suggestions, i'm out imagined and underwhelmed with my current successs? i need some brillant or stupifiying PB and something to get some Little Yellow Bus respect, please i could use some help next week we "get" to go to a community opera dress rehersal, i've heard whispers and seen notes being passed.....
  9. ZombiePringle

oh no I didn't mean peanut butter and fries. I just meant that fries are the only deep fried food I would eat. Peanut Butter and potato chips is something I have done before though.
  10. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

oh, well thank you anyway for the idea
  11. ZombiePringle

How about Peanut Butter and Cabbage or Peanut Butter and Tomato. I actually did a google search for strange peanut butter sandwich combinations
  12. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

ooooh, excellent, and inovative, i never thought to google for them!
    Thank you Kankuro
  13. ZombiePringle

You're welcome. Just glad to help.
  14. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Ewwwwww.... to all of it.... except for the peanut butter and banana... I'll have to try that one...

I just thought of a few more for ya.... :puke:

peanut butter and turkey
    peanut butter and brussel sprouts
    peanut butter and ham..

15. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

they've done all of them but the brussels sprouts.....least to my current knowledge anyway,

i'll try that though, big green bumps certainly couldn't hurt:D what kind of bread do you think?
  16. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

17. ZombiePringle

How about Rye?
  18. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

yeah, Rye with caraway, speckled bread is always a suspicious thing

and i agree lightbeam -eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! i'm not planning on eating these particular sandwiches, they're for proof of presence and a peace offering :)
  19. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

peanut butter and pickles anyone? LMAO at some of these. I am a simple man, just give me PB and grape jam.
  20. jnine

jnine Well-Known Member

peanut butter and pickles for everyone!!! or not.....

forpetessake you wouldn't even be allowed to get on the little yellow bus :D

but since i have to, it's every fruit loop for ourselves,
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.