A Question...I am new to this.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by CheckingOut, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheckingOut

CheckingOut New Member

Hi, Everyone;

I posted this question in another thread, but no one responded, perhaps because the rules here preclude that.

I am new in this forum, I was hoping (based upon the name of the forum) that it would be a place where all elements of suicide could be discussed - pros, cons, etc....

However, it would appear that this forum is dedicated soley to the PREVENTION of suicide, which I wholeheartedly support.

But there are situations and circumstances where suicide is an entirely rational option, and really is the "right" thing to do. This is the case in my situation.

What I am looking for is a place where I can find information on various aspects of suicide with regard to the legal implications, insurance issues, things that I might be forgetting about taking care of before I go, etc.

I am not a teenager in the midst of angst or a broken heart....I am in my 50's, and have come to understand that it is in my best interests and the best interests of those around me for me to depart. The reasons are not important, but what I am finding interesting is the LACK of information available for those who have, in fact, arrived at the clear, sane, and mature decision that their life should terminate.

There are so many issues to be resolved, and since it is such a "taboo" subject, no one seems to want to provide the answers.

I am curious to know what others think about this. Not every life is worth saving; many are, and those need to be offered help and encouragement.

But for people in my situation, there just simply does NOT seem to be a place to go where I can discuss this.

If anyone would care to PM me on this, I would welcome any input. I do not mean to inject any unneeded negativity into the dialogue here, but I do think that there is, in fact, a need for an area where this kind of information CAN be discussed, rationally. I have not yet found such a place, and I would welcome any suggestions.

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Yes that is what most people with suicidal feelings feel like, that is is the right thing to do, trust me on this I get them everyday

It wouldn't matter if your six or sixty my friend feelings like this are hard to deal with I am 26, so are you saying the older you are the more justified it is?

Sorry but I feel differently every life is worth saving, why don't you tell us a bit about yours please?

Apologises if this seems blunt I am shattered, Take care and keep talking to us why you feel like this

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Pro suicide forums are illegal and they get shut down, because encouraging suicide is a crime.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

As you mentioned, this is a pro life forum. There is to be no discussion on the pros of suiciding on the forum forum or via PM so what you are asking is, in essense, against our guidelines. Why don't you give us a chance to help you? Or at least offer you some support in a difficult situation.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

those who have, in fact, arrived at the clear, sane, and mature decision

what is your clear, sane,and mature reason to die?......
    I can't answer until I understand why you want to do this....
  6. CheckingOut

CheckingOut New Member

Actually, yes, I do feel that the older you are, the more justified it is.

I felt suicidal when I was 26 as well...and when I was 16...and, when I was 6, but, of course I was far too young to understand what it was.

If I was 26 now, and felt this way, I would not be considering suicide, because I know that I have TIME ahead of me, and technology. Few people in their teens and 20's should ever consider death as an option.

However, I no longer have the "time" option. And it is simply not worth pursuing. I am tired. It is time to go. And even if someone said they had a way that I could feel better, I am not interested.

You see, I am not sitting here, head in hands, crying....I did that already, many years ago.

The time has simply arrived to end this. This is a calm, rational decision.

But, I want to do it correctly. No mess, no legal issues. I have a LOT of questions, and people seem to think I am a little evil for even asking this stuff.

It's funny, I read a post earlier from someone who was going to get some sleeping pills, but he needed to know how much to take....everyone told him all of the horrible outcomes there might be if he failed in his attempt, but no one gave him the information that he NEEDED to make sure he would NOT fail.

So, by not helping some of these people who have made the rational decision to leave, we are, in a way, adding to the problem.

Again...I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone here, and I certainly would encourage those who WANT help to seek it.

But I do not want it. That time has passed. I want a different kind of help.

And, I am hoping someone here might point me in that direction.

Thank You.!

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Google it...

I'm not sure this guy still posting is very good.Cant be very postive on people
  8. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Some comments in this tread might be triggering and better in that section of the chatroom.
    A lot of us arrive here looking for practical info for a painless exit
  9. CheckingOut

CheckingOut New Member

You mean there is a better location here for me asking these questions?

Please point me....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.