A question.....not sure if I am the only one that feels this way or not.....

As part of the road of my mental downfall....I am divorced.

Since then....and its been a bit over a year since we separated (14 months), I am just not interested, sexually or emotionally in another person....like anyone...no sparks...no feelings...no nothing.

Is this common when someone is severely depressed?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I think it can be a common feeling if you are depressed. I have been depressed for a long time, and the longer I am alone, the less I desire to be with anyone. I think depression can cause loss of interest in many aspects of life.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Diminished interest in sex/romance/relationships seems to me quite "normal" (whatever that is) after a break up/divorce. Generally we need some time to grieve and process that kind of loss and we might not be interested in a social life for a while.

If you are concerned, talk to your doctor, who can diagnose if it's grief after the divorce, depression, or something physical. (And there are some easily fixed physical things that can make us have symptoms that mimic depression, such as not getting enough iron in our diet...and all that's needed is iron tablets and a better diet.) At any rate, the doctor can figure out what is happening and offer treatment suggestions.

All the best with this. :)

It's not unusual at all. It's been 7 months since I broke it off with my fiancé and I still cry myself to sleep every single night. I admit that after the break up, I did fall for someone else but I think it was only a distraction from what I was going through. Since then, I haven't looked at anyone that way. I've been asked out a couple times but have no interest in it at all. I don't think I'll ever get over my ex, so I don't see the point in looking for anyone else. I know she was the one. But, anyway, it is normal not to get emotionally or even physically aroused by someone after a traumatic event like a divorce.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00