a question of bipolar?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by An Angel in Black, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

hi, i have a question as im trying to help my friend..she looks in to the mirror and forgets that its her looking back sometimes, and sometimes forgets her own name, but she doenst have any maniac symptoms..can someone tell me is this part of bi polar? possibly paranoia?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like bipolar at all. It sounds more like schizophrenia to be honest, but I don't know. Tell her to go to a psychiatrist. :dunno:

3. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Hi Angel. I definitely am not an expert and am speaking of experience only from dealing w/ a cousin who was diagnosed bipolar. He never had those symptoms, just extreme anger and wide mood swings...

What's the age? Actually sounds like a fried of the family who at mid 50's was said to be progressing with a type of Alzheimer's...

4. zetaf

zetaf Well-Known Member

Has she been an alcoholic for any significant amount of time? It sounds like early signs of Korsakoff's syndrome maybe?

5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like any symptom of manic depressive disorder that I've ever heard of but I read somewhere that the range of the condition's severity is quite large. It sounds more like some form of dementia. As rare as it is in younger people, it does happen and she should probably pay a visit to the local psychiatrist and get tested.

6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Hey everyone, Angel was talking about me. I'm going to tell my therapist about this at the next appointment. I do fit some of the manic symptoms and my mom has mentioned that she thinks I am Bipolar. I don't really think so but... whatever, lol. I'm just soooooo depressive.... I don't know...

Like Angel said, I forget my name a lot. I feel like I'm not even me. Like the person inside isn't the person that I see in the mirror and when I do look in the mirror sometimes it's like... oh... is that me? I've been like this for a long time. I've never felt like a real person, lol. I just always thought I was insane. LOL. But yea.. I'll tell the therapist on Monday and see what she says. It's probably nothing...

Thank you Angel for caring so much!! :hug: I love you, sweetness.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Is it possible that you have 'multiple personality disorder' usahana?

8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

No, not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.