A question to all: what makes you feel better, & what makes you feel worse?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by agwoodliffe, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agwoodliffe

agwoodliffe Active Member

I've had a few telling-offs in the past for writing stuff (despite trying to say something positive) that might be potentially harmful to some readers. So I thought I'd ask it straight: it's clear that suicide becomes a 'good' idea when we are under intense distress (myself included). So if you get to that stage, what is it that tends to make you feel better, and what makes you feel worse?
  2. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

I find that distraction makes me feel better, particularly getting out of the house and active (provided my physical pains are under control).
    Dwelling on my problems makes me feel worse or comparing myself to more obviously successful people. Facebook can be a real trigger for that!
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Taking it one minute at a time, reminding myself things could be worse for myself when I talk to my voices trying to kill me, I take Haldol to shut them up so medication would be a method of redirection.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

What makes me feel better is doing things that I enjoy, or being around people who support me. What makes me feel worse is being around fighting, lots of negativity, having nothing to do, and dwelling on my problems.
  5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

What Makes Me Feel Better, I don't know anything that makes me feel better - Especially not this Question

There is something i do, It doesn't make me feel better or worse- It does Make me Feel

What Make Me Feel worse I have definite Triggers. I wake Screaming and Crying - I Have to Walk ---sometimes for Hours ----------------- I hope this Makes YOU Feel Better
  6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am so sorry, True. To hear that you wake screaming and crying. That must make it hard to even go to bed. Are you up to sharing why you scream and cry?

Only thing that makes me feel better is to get off my butt and do something. Keep my mind of the horrors of life.
  7. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I have PTSD I was in the service, as you know.
    I did a little tour In Viet Nam, not to much but Just enough. I really don't celebrate Today.
    I shouldn't be here any more.
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Keeping myself busy keeps my mind off my problems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.