A question..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Secret wounds, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret wounds

Secret wounds Well-Known Member

I have a question...Shouldn't we be allowed to choose if we want to live or die in this world? I mean i feel like i've never belonged in this world so should'nt i be allowed to choose if i want to take my own life?
    What i hate is family friends people that want you to live, they make you feel guilty about wanting to take your life. I know these people care about you but if they really love you cant they let you take your life or do they want to keep you here watching you hating life and slowly dying inside?
    Im probably hoping for answers i wont get, for someone to say its fine to want to take your life. I dont want to be responsible for making somebody else's life a misery by taking my own, i hate the responsibilty of life.

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

You raise interesting questions.

I agree with you, really...

And it's not cool for people to try and make you feel guilty for wanting your peace.

The responsibility of life can be draining, yes. The fact that you consider others before your plans and thoughts, and don't want to cause anyone else's misery, shows your compassion. That I admire.

I hope you're okay. :hug:

Feel free to PM me if you need a listening ear.

3. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

You are not only responsible for your own life, but also that of others. You don't have a choice, you're responsible. If you want to be good, you can't destroy the life of those who love you. It is imperative.

4. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

They will observe you, and while you feel as if you're dying slowly, they will hope you will get better.

5. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Or else... discuss these feelings with them, maybe they will eventually accept it...

6. Living and dying - the quality of it and how we do with is its IMHO a very personal choice. Put it this way, if someone who 'claims' to love us wishes to keep us here despite out own personal resolve against the constant agony, then who's life are we living and why? Both my father and my older brother committed suicide and I never spent a moment on blame or guilt. One was an asshole who couldn't find another way out - the other was a gentle fellow whom life took it's dire toll on. Me - I'm so tired words cannot say. But I have no "plan". I guess I just write back to people who ask if it's right or wrong...

I say it's between you and God, or however you imagine the creator. I hate people with one pat answer. Hold on, things will get better, be optimistic ----
    For many in the world, it is a patent reality that it does NOT work and we are ALLOWED to give up after trying so hard,so long. No one has to agree with me and this is not negative thinking - only a reality...Lessons come and go and some are MOST valuable - but that does not as a rule make life FAIR! Some learn mnay things the hard way, through so very many challenges - others fall at each step. And some are just F**cked. Totally. Constantly.
    I'm one of those...

Try as long as you can,
    but I don't mind if ya give up in peace ~

FAL1

7. Taking responsibility for your own life does NOT mean that everyone else's choices should precede your own. In fact, more often than not, they cannot begin to fathom the pain and torture a soul can reside in... IMHO

FAL1

8. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

When you're dead it's not like you have the ability to give two hoots about the people you left behind. At the core of it all life is a solo voyage. You might get married, have kids, make friends but you don't take them with you when the time comes. People make a lot of fuss about not having the right to die but whether or not you have the right to isn't a tangible force that can actually stop you from doing it, should you decide to. If your desire to kill yourself overpowers your care for loved ones then you'll go do it, the thought of the aftermath bothers you now but it couldn't mean less to you after all is said and done. So yeah, imo whether or not we're 'allowed' to kill ourselves really doesn't matter much to me, if I want to then I'm going to and it's as simple as that.

9. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I too have been or perhaps am at the point where the pain seems too much to care about others.
    But it is my conviction that the view of an individual as being in essence "solo", isolated, is a fallacy. For me the individual, the "ego" as it were, is the outcome of interaction with a greater social whole, it does not precede it. With this comes responsibility. When I am in the mood I will elaborate on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.