A question

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Bigman2232, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Not sure which forum this should go in but since it's a question and I'm uncertain, I'll put it here.

Here's the question:
    Is it possible to feel like you've lost a love that you never actually had? I'm talking a relationship that was as close as you could get with out actually being a bf/gf. You talk, you hang out, you start building a connection but you never have the parts of a relationship that go along with actually dating.

It's just starting to piss me off that I can understand and honestly believe I feel very similar (if not the same) as those going through a break up but I've never actually gotten the good parts that comes before the crap of the relationship ending.

late night ramblings again
  2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Well first anytime you build a connection and hang out with someone that is a relationship and as such you will feel loss if it breaks up. Even loss of friendships can be painful. But since you seem to mean a romantic type relationship could it have been you were hoping it would be more and when you discovered it wasn't it felt like a great loss? If you care about someone like that you don't have to actually be involved with them to feel a loss. Love still hurts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.