A question

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by FluffySoup, May 7, 2010.

1. FluffySoup

FluffySoup Account Closed

They say, that to help overcome these feelings, you should talk to someone. I have tried speaking to my closest friends but all they seem to do is push the subject away from them. They see me as a disease, someones who always depressed and I feel like the people I tell, i'll just push them away.
    I don't know what to do anymore and everything just feels so helpless. Just wondering how you people are dealing with this cause I don't know what i'm going to do now since the ones closest to me shun me out their lives.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really sorry people are pushing you away. It's sad, but a lot of times they don't know what to say or how to talk about the subject and so they run from it.

Do you want to talk here about what's wrong? If you do, feel free to PM me anytime.

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

friedns are a joke really.

if you want to actually talk to someone there are always phone helpline etc and also just posting here could help.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

friends are good if they want you to listen but when it's your turn to speak ..where are they????

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I agree with perry_mason, friends are after one thing as far as im concerned. they wanna know you when they have a problem but apart from that you dont here off them. People on here are getting like that too

6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

ttoally agree except my so called friemds were after money not after a person to talk to for help etc (although i woulkd have been there for that too, i would be there for them for anything) but yeah they didnt stick around when i was habing problems but that was because i was running out of money.

sam claimed it was coz i was always drunk but it seemed strange the few times i had money and wa sdrunk he was still my 'friend' them, but when i was drunk without moneyu im just "a drunken waster".

i dont think ppl on here are getting like that tho, even tho ppl oin here havent helped me i still think they are better than a lot of pppl really.

7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I deal with it... or try to deal with it by coming here. People in real life are all worthless. They say they want to help then they ignore you.

8. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Very true...ive given up on the outside world.Staying on here is best for me x

9. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I've had very close friends help out in assisting with serious issues. But unless they are close, you're right on about the fact that most people don't want to hear anything negative, from my experience.

However, that's one of the great aspects of this site...you can share those issues here and will not be pushed away by the many people I know at this site.

Take care... and welcome!

Mike

10. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Ditto for me. Seems like people\co-workers try to take advantage of my sickness, offer to help but only saying it to put another notch in their belt or to brown nose, those people make me feel worse than nauseous, just a bunch of two-faced creeps,:rant: others here are better than the people on the outside world.:cool:

11. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I try to think about it from their point of view. Dealing with some depressed can be difficult. I myself wouldn't know how to deal with someone depressed because every case is different right. I personally have never really talked to people I'm close with about these things. I mean maybe I can trust them, but you never know right? I don't think anyone really wants depressed friends. I think your best bet are finding other avenues. This site is great. Therapy, psychiatry, whatever you need is another option.

I'm not saying friends won't help in such a situation, but it just really takes a special kind of friend whose willing to stick with you till the end.

Hope this helps.

:)

12. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

What this site has really shown me is that everything is about your attitude. We ALL go through hard times, no one is an exception. Sure maybe some more than others, but we've all experienced pain and sadness. The difference is how you choose to deal with it. So often on this site i've seen people who when offered many suggestions just shut them all down quickly and not even try. So my question is how are you trying to approach your friends about talking about your problems? It can be so disheartening to talk to someone and try to help them only to have them act as though nothing can help, especially when its someone you really care for. Plus, its very hard to watch someone you love hurt, so yes sometimes people maybe hesitant to be around you, and you think they just dont want to deal with you but thats not it. Its everyones natural tendency to go away from what hurts them. You're not a burden to them or anything like that, they just dont know what to do. This of course does not apply to everyone, some people really are just assholes. But Im just saying that I see people on this site always claiming to be the victim instead of taking responsibility for their own roles too.

I hope you do find someone you can talk to though, this site does have many people who can understand how you feel which is a great help. Good luck to you.