A question...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by 2-D, Aug 17, 2010.

?

What would you do if you fell in love with someone over the net, but they didnt know?

1. Tell them (or try to)

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. Sever every tie with that person, giving any old excuse not to talk to them ever again

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Ok, just random musings on something:

If you had fallen in love with someone over the internet (it could happen, maybe) but the person you had fallen for isnt aware of how you feel, which would you choose?

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I don't think i will tell them i'm i love with them. It's just odd when you never met the person. But i would hint at them my affection.

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Definitely not the second one. Suppose you'd try being a bit more forward / flirting a little and see how they reacted.
    Personally I'd find it very hard to fall for someone who wasn't showing any signs they were into me too.

4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

tell them!!

5. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Don't tell. Just enjoy their company.

You tell, they can say that they love you, they could be freaked out, they could laugh, they could leave.
    You don't tell, the relationships continues unchanges, one day they tell you they love you, the relationship slowly dies, or it explodes one day.

Either way, I'd say, without having more information, that you keep it to yourself, and let the relationship continue on its course. Worst case scenarion, you get extra time and then the relationship dies. Which is better than telling, then the worst case is that it dies immideatly.

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I would think it would be better to tell them. It makes things harder when you hold your feelings in.

I've never been in this situation before though, so I can't tell you from my experiences whether I would do it or not.
    I was madly in love with my ex for 6 years before I felt I could tell him; and he told me on our first date exactly how he felt. It probably hurt him that I couldn't tell him until we'd been dating for almost 2 years.
    For that, I'm sorry.

I think it's best to try and be honest with yourself and with whomever it is you feel these feelings for. IRL and online.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I don't choose.

8. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

So it's better to live without the person you love than not stating the level of emotion you feel for the person?

9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Would you rather lie to yourself forever than know the truth and move on?
    Holding things in can hurt alot more than being rejected. Being rejected is hard, yes-- but there's a 50-50 chance the person will accept you, right?

Like I said-- I have not been in this position before.
    I've been lying to myself for a very long time though and have decided not to do it anymore.

10. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

The wait and see game is a straight shot for the friends zone. Balls up and tell them. If they don't feel the same then it wasn't right to begin with.

11. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

I guess, but im so in ept at flirting, i wouldnt know where to start :( and i know things would balls up if i just said, 'btw i think im in love with you' (to her) and im not sure whats going on her end as the amount of time we talk/text is less and less, i dunno if she is busy or just doesnt want to waste time on me :( maybe it would be better if i cut contact and set her free?

ty for the advice, and to those who have said to hint at it, what sort of things should i be saying/not saying?

12. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

And if you actually love the person, sex does not have priority over being with the person.

13. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Krem, cant miss what u never had >.< :(

14. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

I don't understand internet romances. How can you fall in love with someone you've never met? You can't truely know someone online. There's no gaurantee that they are what they say they are. The "love" you think you feel is just a fantacy.

15. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I have to agree with what you said how can u "love" someone u never meet, I can see having an interest in someone, or maybe an attraction but love doesnt make sense to me.

16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You can never truly know anyone. We all keep things to ourselves. We all lie to a greater or lesser extent. If someone can fool you for an extended period of time online they can probably do the same in person.

I've never discovered any real discrepancy between people online and in person.

17. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

Oh come on, thats silly. If someome you know in person is fooling you for an extended period of time, then you either don't want to know the truth and turn a blind eye to it, or you have your head way up in the clouds.

There's a big difference between online imaginary relationships and real relationships.

18. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've seen many false delusional relationships all around me which weren't made online.