A question

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anuj, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anuj

anuj Active Member

I have put it here several times that this is it and i am going to kill myself.

This time i have a question- " In the end we are going to die irrespective of what we do, then why to bother about what we should do. And why not cut short the journey and die now? "
  2. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

You must be reading my mind anuj as thinking this myself................where prolong the agony any further? I am stopped from doing it cos unsure where I shall end up (so many different versions of what happens to suicide souls)............if I can get to be with my lost loved ones then great but will it be like that.
    Why don't we die now? I dont know, I say I can't go on anymore and for some reason am still here, hours, days and weeks later-WHY? I wish could answer you my friend, but hope it helps abit to know I am thinking along similar lines. Take care.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

because we don't know what lies ahead on the journey..it's worth finding out!

because while we're alive there's still hope!

because suicide is not the natural way to go and it leaves so much more heartache, pain and grief than natural death for those left behind

because we don't know what happens or where we end up when we take our own lives. :hug:
  4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

"because we don't know what happens or where we end up when we take our own lives. "

Yes we do. In the ground or in a vase or in the ocean or scattered to the wind. From nothingness we came and to nothingness we go.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I do not think this is a question that can be answered by anybody but ones self. We all have our reasons , each as individual and personal as our own mind. If these reasons did not exist in our own mind than it likely would not be possible for you to ask the question nor us to answer and this would in fact be a very very empty forum. The bottom line is simple - we, like all living things, are fundamentally genetically programmed to survive above anything else and all human motivations derive from this ( reference "Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs" ,google it if not familiar, which is fairly universal in acceptance). The bottom line is that the vast majority of the problems that bring us all to here or places like this fall into the top 3 tiers of this category - and i would hazard a bet that 90% or better fall into the top 4 tiers - which mean for the vast majority our "needs" are being met on the most basic level and that only leaves "wants" and most minds understand this at some level and that is what prevents us from taking actions truly detrimental or permanent to ourselves as wants tend to be fairly fluid and changing over the course of a lifetime.
  6. anuj

anuj Active Member

Let me put my thoughts in simple way.... Suppose you are at A ultimately you have to reach B. There are two options 1. Direct path between A and B. 2. Indirect path going through A to ZZZZZZZZZ and then B (as in excel). Which option would you choose. I have chosen the first one. Most probably I'm gonna kill myself...
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

That being your very basic assertion than why the why the question? To put it simply because you are fully cognizant that you still have many more things that you know you at least should be considering.....
  8. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Because if you cut the journey short, you miss out on all the sights along the way.
  9. ShockHouse

ShockHouse Member

I do like your example of A to B and can relate to what you mean. But if we take the shortcut just like any other thing we miss out on so much. Take for example going on a hike, we can either follow the path which may be 7miles or take a shortcut making it 1mile, but if we take the shortcut what did we accomplish? We saw the prize at the end (and who says there is even a prize if we take this way out) but that isnt what people remember, people remember the journey. Don't skip the journey we all are struggling in. Keep going with us, we will get there one day with a memory of all the good times to come. :smile-new:
  10. anuj

anuj Active Member

I am all prepared. Final good bye.
  11. ShockHouse

ShockHouse Member

Please don't. Just keep on talking to us. You don't know what tomorrow brings please stay.
  12. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

I don't know your answer to the question. I know with me it's because I really do believe the part of me that wants to die is only a small part of me, the part that wants to live is much calmer, much bigger. I'm not really spiritual or religious, not much into believeing in co-incidence but heck, I've tried so many times I'm either totally useless or the life part of me is actually stronger than the death part of me, and now I try to give my strength to staying alive instead of dying.
  13. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

We can all have different versions of what happens to us after we die, whether naturally, or by our own hand.

Dear friends......... opinions are one thing........ absolute truth is another.

If there's no such thing as absolute truth, how can you be absolutely sure there isn't any such thing?

On the authority of Holy Writ - that knows far more about this than any human mind can know (and it is like that for a reason)........ there is plenty of evidence that our inward parts, our soul and our spirit, live on after the body dies.

But, people will believe what they want to believe, and some are determined to take no notice and shrug this off - or just hope for the best.

Some believe we keep coming back to live different lives....... but that isn't in Scripture.

All that God promises us is wrapped up in the commonly-known (well, it used to be commonly known in my day, not so sure about now) verse: John 3.16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life"...... and this starts from the moment that anyone chooses to accept this.

I've come to believe that God must know what He's talking about, and have proved it true in my own life. I believe He rescued me from taking my own life, but that's a long story ........
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.