A random thought...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by resistance, Jun 5, 2007.

1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I just had a random thought. This week I have read two people saying they feel they are in the same place than they were when they first registered on SF. When you first signed up you were most likely in total despair, on the edge of giving up, feeling there was no point but you're still here. You haven't given up. You have used that inner strength - strength you thought you didn't have - and you are still here fighting. Inner determination. You have gained from SF, your stamina shines though showing that you CAN do this. If you couldn't then you wouldn't be here now. You have got this far so don't give up now, keep fighting. Things can get better.

I'm not saying everyone feels SF isn't a help to them, far from it. A lot of people have asked for support here then they leave (some don't leave) and they are feeling better and are thankful for SF being there for them. I know I can say SF has helped me a lot, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

We're here for you and not going anywhere, we open our doors for everyone and if you want support, then you'll get it. If you want friends you can get them, if you want advice you can ask for it, if you want a hug we'd be happy to give you a hug, a virtual shoulder and we won't turn you away.

Random PMs are underrated, they are the best type of PM you can get! If you want friends or if you want a chat or want to make someone feel better then a random PM can bring a smile to each of your faces. The small things in life can be a big thing and can make life worthwhile.

We're in this together. :grouphug:

2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I sent you a random pm a few months ago

there was no response :cry:

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: I can't remember. I'm sorry hun. :hug: *Goes to PMs*

4. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I would like to add that resistance swiftly sent me a pm
    and a lovely one it was too :hug:

though I do feel a little guilty, almost like I was seeking attention, meh, im sure you've had worse :eek:hmy: :biggrin:

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hehe you're welcome and don't feel guilty, there's no need! :) :hug:

6. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

Random PM's, yeah I know all about them. My PM's are somewhat .. random. You'll be surprised to know that the word random is one of my favourite words. The first four letters of that word are the same as the first four letters of my name .. if you call me Andrew. That must be symbolic in some way.

Anyway, next time I'll send a message that begins and ends with the word 'Alfred' and has only two sentences. See if I can manage that :tongue:

7. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Point well and truely taken :hug:

8. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Honestly, I send some PMs to many but most of them never replied, maybe I say things that I shouldn't (again!)... :sad: