a rant in the rant section

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ybt, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ybt

ybt Guest

well, i'm not overly creative with my titles, am i? i could have made one that said 'freudian research into the depths of human consciousness' but that would never sell on the philosophical market.

what?

stop thinking about it. it makes no sense.

okay, rant starts below the dotted line

-------------------------------------

no, not this line. those are dashes, not dots.

well, that's good, but to be REALLY effective...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

more dots for your money.

all right, i just wish that some people would STFU and GTFO. yes, on SF.

unless one already has conflicts going with another person, they need to be a little more careful.

look, if two people have been fighting, it's only human nature to be a bit biting. but we need to STOP THIS FUCKING RIDICULOUS TREND OF RIDICULING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO you have ANY fucking idea how much that can hurt self esteem?

the soap box is quite entertaining to read. i'm on there really frequently, a lot. really, the threads there are great to read... until you come across something like

"did you not read what i wrote?"

"how could you think such a thing?"

"how many more times must i explain this?"

et fucking cetera. if you've said this, unless you're having a really bad day, you're an idiot. this is not what should be in the soap box, or elsewhere on SF, or anywhere, for that matter. it's what high school teachers tell their "bad" students. it devalues the notion of self. it's pure. fucking. intimidation.

hey, if you're the idiot who thinks it's all right to say these things: if they've missed your point, they've missed your point. YOU probably have done such things as well. but yes, do continue, you obviously don't give a damn about the emotional scarring that causes. who says they have to conform to YOUR fucking cause? what makes YOU so right?

of course, it doesn't just apply to SF, it applies to a lot of areas, which i'm mainly ranting about.

so before you start playing the ever so fun strip-you-of-your-identity game, YOU think, first. just restate your point, and try and figure out what the guy missed. do NOT say "how many more times...", because i will then respond with a fist to your mouth. thank you.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: Alex