A recipe I want to share!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey everyone, I cooked this simple recipe yesterday but had invented it when I was living with my boyfriend one day by accident 'cos we ran out of ingredients. It is going to sound so simple but it is my favourite meal ever, I'd eat it everyday if it wasn't so fattening, bear with me, I'm not very great with the grams etc... so here goes

A bag of baby potatoes
    Fajita spice mix (The BBQ mix that comes with Old El Paso Fajita mix-you can buy it separately)
    shredded cheddar cheese

1. Pre heat oven at 200 degrees celcious Boil the baby potatoes for around 10-15 minutes on medium heat in a medium sized saucepan.
    2. Remove the potatoes from the pot, (they should be soft but not breakable) cut them into slices and spread the Fajita spice mix all over potatoes along with sprinkles of water.
    3. Spread cheddar all over the potatoes, about 200mg, and put on a roasting tray and place in oven for about 10 minutes.
    4. Test and taste or if you wan't the ''burnt cheddar taste'' cook for 5 mins longer!
    5. Serve and use salt and pepper to taste!

I know this is a very simple recipe but oh my it is amazing.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sounds really good! Will have to make this sometime :)

3. Petal

Thanks honey, you totally should. You won't regret it :) Also feel free to add onions,mushrooms or any or veg on top sauteed then baked! mmmmm

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yum! I will try this also. :)

5. Petal

I have just had it, my mouth is burning from the spice but omg it was so damn good. I've even got mom cooking it now lols!! :)

6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Just bought some fajita mix and cheese. Already had the potatoes. Will try it.

7. Petal

Awesome Bear :) Damn I was just thinking I could have taken a picture of mine, damn...oh well next time! Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do :hug:

8. Chiere

Chiere Banned Member

That sounds really good, Petal! I'll have to try it sometime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.