a religious question

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chernarus, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

If our soul is what causes us to feel does that mean that if we haven't done anything to screw up our chances to get into heaven doesn't that mean we will be depressed in heaven.
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Re: a religous question

Your soul causing you to feel is not the same as your soul having the feeling. You don't feel without a soul, but your soul doesn't carry mental disorders.
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

heh I like that! :)

Your chance of getting into Heaven let's see.. um... 100%
    God doesn't condemn a single one of his children to Hell, only they can do that to himself, hence we have a suicide forum full of people who have condemned themselves. At first it can be interpreted as God doing this to you, but it is you doing it to yourself.
    Do not worry about what will happen after you life is over, worry about now, and do not fear the unknown. It could be blissful beyond comparison. Just be present here, and deal with life right now.
    blessings :heart:
  4. Robin

Robin Guest

I had my own personal brush with heaven and God once, I read or heard once from the bible that God condemns no man but, when a man (that includes women too :bleh: Just in case :) ) reaches God with evil in his heart he cannot stand in Gods glory and love for shame and the only place left for him to go is hell. In this way, evil souls condemn themselves.

I used to think I had evil in my heart, well, now not sure either way, but what helped me is when I had some sort of vision of being in Heaven in the presence of God, I felt love and was loved eternally. That gives me hope on occasion but not as much as the love my friends share with me daily :)
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Your resons are all good, but what about us who have other beleifs? There is no malice in what we beleive in also. I think this is a one sided post!!!~Joseph~
  6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Joseph, I'd say that, rather than one-sided, it's a discussion of a valid question by someone who wants a christian response. He deserves that right, I'd say. As was already said, God sends no one to hell. Each human being has a choice, first to believe in God or not, then to act on that belief. The choice to act or not determines one's eternal destiny. The basics of christianity are simple.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.