a reply would be nice:)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by jane doe, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

Well the first thing to tell would be that I live with my bf since the last 4 months.
    I started playing an online game since august of the last year, and I met this guy hwo lives in the other side of the world, who also lives with his gf, since a very little time. We started talking everyday often until it became a little more sweeter than a friendship, to say it in a suitable way. Everything was normal until a day he told me that his gf was chasing on him and that he couldn´t talk to me as often as we were used too. The thing is, we almost don´t talk anymore, he sends me a pm time in time to tell me he´s looking forward to talk to me, but that his girlfriend is always around. Almost 2 months has past since we last had a conversation as friends, and he told me he was going to write to me today, but he didn´t. I´m driving myself crazy for a guy I´ll never know. For a guy who has 14 years more than I (I´m 19, and also his gf), please tell me if this is normal or if I´m a crazy girl who cheats on her bf with a guy on a game. Tell me please what should I do about this situation?, because I´m lost

2. jane doe

am i so crazy?

3. Robin

Robin Guest

I wouldn't say you was crazy, unrealistic maybe but certainly not crazy. Every relationship needs reciprocation, in that I mean if you invest in romance your "partner" should at least invest some effort into it at the same time. There are things we all do more or better than others and while a partner maybe be lacking in one area they should be able to make up for in another area.

What you're getting from this guy is nothing though and that can't be a good sign.

4. jane doe

i think that the cause of what i´m feeling now is because my bf and i almost don´t see each other because i started college and our shift are crossed, so i´m lucky if i see him for more than 5 mins, and this guy always is around. Thank you for taking the time of answering Robin^^

5. Robin

Robin Guest

I thought you said that this guy online had hardly spoken to you for 2 months?

6. jane doe

No, hardly spoken as we used to, for more than an hour a day, in a friendly way. He has become very close because of the fact that he used to Self harm himself and he´s been my support these days, but we don´t talk as close friends anymore. He asks my how i am and thats all. Our chats are empty of that feeling of being "close friends". In these 2 months the times that we have reach that point has been very little and the rest of our dayly chat its full of anything.

7. Robin

Robin Guest

I am by far NOT a relationship counselor but it seems to me like he's not pulling his weight, best concentrate on someone who will. But I must point out that's how I'd feel, everyone is different and so are reactions, maybe write a letter to your real life boyfriend, not about this guy but about how you feel in general, that way he can read it when he's ready and you can put in it all the things you have to say but forget when things are rushed between you.

8. jane doe

the sad is that we are fine (my bf and i) we just don´t see each other and thats all. thank you robin for the replies, really i needed them and there you was for me like you always are for everyone^^

9. Robin

Robin Guest

I'm glad I could help out tonight :) I'm not around as much as I'd like but if you pm I normally watch my emails more and I read them from my email :)

10. jane doe

thank you robin.i guess i must try not to wait to talk to him anymore, it may be the solution. i thinki became obssesed with him^^

11. Robin

Robin Guest

Maybe, maybe you was getting some level of affection that was currently missing in your life and that can be hard to deny, I'll stop short of calling things wrong or right but I think you knew something was amiss because you posted for opinions to clarify your own feelings, and probably, others may respond later with different opinions to me, just seems like a shame to give your heart to some guy online who doesn't return your affection any more :hug:

12. jane doe

what intrigues me if he lies or if he really cannot talk because of the gf around. I asked him once and he told me pleas to never believe that, but how can i be sure if he lies or not, why do i care? he truly lives in the other side of the world, i live in argentina and he´s from england, so i doubt i´ll give him My heart as my boybriend has it, but he truly is very important in my everyday life

13. Robin

Robin Guest

It's good to find friends that care deeply for us and especially so when it is just friends, anything could have caused his change of heart and maybe you will never find out why but I bet you can find people in the world, even if they are only online, that care a great deal about you :)

My msn is in my profile or you can pm me anytime :)

14. jane doe

thank you, have a good rest^^

15. jane doe

why am i crying now about this? why i still waiting for a reply from this guy?=(

16. Fishman

Fishman Guest

hmm maybe this person has twisted you around to caring about him. It is not unheard of that after so many hours of talking to him you'd have some kind of attachment to him.

17. jane doe

thank you^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.