A scenario that only you can figure out

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by fallingangie, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

Ok, apart from the other things tht happened with me..heres something that im not quite sure of..n i need your answer.

Thing is..when i was in high school..there came a day when i was alone in a room with my teacher who was pretty old actually. He started gossiping normally and then at a point he started telling me how guys in school check me out and how they make comments about different parts of my body. I remained silent the entire time.. while saying all this he used a pencil to slide it on my waist and boobs ...but with an excuse to show the places where guys notice the most.

Even to this day i dnt know what to call this. What was he doing? He was an old man...my teacher!! why would he say all this or use a pencil like that. He even told me at a point to unbutton my t-shirt so that he can show how my clevage can be seen when i keep it like that at times.

What was he trying to do? Can anyone please reply

2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

It's called sexual molestation.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Teachers are not allowed to do that to students angie. You should have reported him to the principal or the cops. I'm a high school teacher as well and that's sexual interference, even though he touched you with a pencil. Sorry this happened to you. Most teachers are good people, but there are a few creeps out there. :hug:

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

This is definitely wrong - you should report this before it goes further.

5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah. He was attempting to use his influence to basically get you to do things that should never happen. Can I ask how old you were when this happened? It doesn't matter though, it's very wrong. If you feel strong enough I would suggest you report him, or was this a long time ago?

6. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

I was 15..now im in college. All this happened long time back. I never really knew back then what to call this or what actions to take, and I was too ashamed to tell others about it. So yeah...that way he managed to get away with it. But how can this be sexual molestation? I mean nothing happened...

7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I think the physical contact with the pencil on you would be construded as sexual molestation, and to the least an invasion of your body. Beyond that Im unsure of the terms used, but putting a minor in a sexual situation even by dialouge and suggestion only amplifies the intention and the act of the physical contact he did.

Well nothing happened I suppose, but alot did aswell. This person was testing out how far he could go with you, he abused his position of authority to try and lure you into a situation. In anycase I wont spell out his tactic to you, I suppose what is important is that you are able to identify this disgusting tactic, and never let anyone do this to you again.

8. MonikaM

MonikaM Member

I think he needs a wake up call. Report him he is probably doing this to lots of other girls and will continue if noone does.

Or you could just beat his arse.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

If you're brave enough, you could go back to your old highschool and confront him. Just make sure there are other people around and that you're not alone with him. Ask him if he knows that what he did to you was illegal and could cost him his job. Ask him if he is currently abusing other young girls? Remind him that a teacher is trusted to teach and take care of students, and not to use them for sexual gratification. Make him squirm a little.

10. NotThisLife

NotThisLife Well-Known Member

How inappropriate!

I remember once being told that if you feel molested/abused, then you were molested/abused. Now I know that logic alone may not hold up in court, but luckily you don't have to worry about that because this was abusive and I don't know of anyone who would say otherwise

I don't know the laws where you are from, but in my state there is no statute of limitations on crimes of a sexual nature. That means you can charge your abuser no matter how long ago the abuse happened. If you'll get a conviction or not is debatable if the crime is very old, but anything less than 10 years would have a solid case I'm guessing.

Moreover, this was pretty brazen. I would wager he's done it before and since this time. If you brought a claim against him, others might follow your lead.

And while I think you could sue him for sexual harassment, the verdict alone shouldn't motivate you. Just filing the charges and having to hire a lawyer would be a nice wake up call for him. Make him sweat a little. Who knows, because of your courage he might think twice about doing this crap to another innocent girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.