A sigh and a song

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Abacus21, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

So yup. Right now I feel pretty crap, but I'm not sure why.

I'm feeling stressed out because of school work I guess, and just feel a bit low at the moment. I had a panic attack yesterday in Psychology for whatever reason :dry:
    I felt crap all evening, then got very jealous for no real reason at all ...

I felt OK throughout today, then when I came on here, my mood went down..
    Maybe it's time for me to take a break? :dunno:

It's my birthday next week (exactly a week away in fact :) ) and I have got the best birthday present I could wish for over the weekend :D , so I am really really looking forward to that!

[Beginning of abstract rant]
    Friends and relationships really do form at this site, don't they?

It's amazing how connected you feel to people who you get to know after a while ...
    I am lucky to have found great people here, and I am thankful for all who I have spoken to: each of you have given me another shred of hope and light to carry on into the next day.

I hope that I, and others can do the same for you all too :)

I found this song while listening to Hit Radio FFH.de. It's Closer, by Travis, and it really encapulates the intended spirit of SF:

Closer by Travis (YouTube link)

I know at times staff get pissed off and stressed out - we are, after all, only human, but when I'm feeling good, I feel lucky to be in a position where I can give help to members, keep them safe, and still forge friendships in the problematic area that is mod-dom.

Thank you all for everything ... You're all great, even if you don't feel it.
    [/End rant]
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

whoaa Joe! You are amazing, mate :hug:

A shame we don't get to talk that much, I remember I time I was on skype with you and Laur every now and then. Time changes, people change, but hey I'm still here, if you ever wanna talk, or just practice German or wanna know some more Dutch words :laugh: , you know how to find me, mate.

You're a wonderful addition to the community. Thank you for everything you do :smile:

:hug: :hug:
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Hey Joe

:hug: firstly. I'm sorry you are so stressed out about things. I hope that your birthday coming up brings your mood up some. Happy early birthday. Take care and be safe

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear you ain't feeling great tonight Jozzy but I hope your mood lifts, if you want a chat you know where to find me. Nice ending to the post btw, you're great too. :) :hug:
  5. Hey joe :hug: just have to say the song is really great, and i hope things get better soon . and if your mood goes down on here, maybe you do need a little break? it's your decicison, hang in there sweetie :) x
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Would that birthday present begin with an L perchance:laugh:
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Thanks guys :)