A simple question

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Zaheer, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

What do you live for?
  2. Milkyway

Milkyway Well-Known Member

Several options but no choice.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The Promise.... I'm suffering but driven by determination....
  4. YODA1066

YODA1066 Well-Known Member

my girlfriend and nothing else without her there is no point
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My family, my friends, love trying new things and i want to improve my life :)
  6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am living just because it has been so pounded into my head that death is bad.
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't know. I try to imagine a future greater and happier than my past, and find things that give me pleasure and keep me interested in life, and I figure I want to live to see where all of these interests and interactions go. I don't know whether they'll make me happy someday, and I don't know whether all the effort and energy I spend on making that future happen is truly producing anything of value.

But the doubting isn't very motivating and the waiting makes me dubious. Being virtually alone makes it just plain pitiful and painful. Five years ago this is not what I had in mind where I would be. I guess I want to live to see what there is to all of this, whether I can do all the things I daydream about doing and how it's going to end. There's so much to see and do and feel, why not live?

I know I sure as hell don't want to live just to survive for the next half of my life. Crying about what happens in the present sure isn't doing anything to improve the future. So moves have to be made or I'll just succumb to a lonely and very basic life of food and shelter.

I guess that I live to prevent or avoid that and have something more fulfilling. :smilet-digitalpoint :cold: A bit discouraged.:disillusionment: :disturbed: :moody:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  8. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Family and friends I guess. I have them and I know they care. But having no one close and the uncertainty that I'm facing now makes me wonder if it's worth it. The family and friends will be sad but eventually they will do ok without me - they have significant others and their families to worry about. My daughter has her bf that she will get married to and her focus (rightly) is that. Even the cats would be taken care of. So right now not to upset the apple cart I continue to live but plan for the eventual suicide. In the meantime I hope life gets better for me.
  9. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

The only reason that I live is because I can't come up with a way to end it that I'm comfortable with.
  10. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

To be honest. I have no idea.
  11. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

To Do do a few more good deeds to cleanse my soul before I go.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I live to see myself one more day older, more wiser in what life has to offer me.
  13. Bert29

Bert29 Account Closed

To live is my mission.
  14. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

I want to be a psychiatrist, to help people in crisis, prevent them from suicide, and ease their mental pain.

I have one dream... one single dream. If I could achieve that, I will die in peace. I want to get rid off the stigma of mental illness. I want people with mental illness to be free, to be treated as equally as other patients. I want them to be alive like others. Especially, I want them to smile and to realize, that the dark cruel world... is just in their minds.

Boy, that's deep, haha. Please, if somebody out there reading my dream, help me to achieve it. We... together can get rid of mental health stigma. I believe we can.
  15. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Excellent question. I have no idea.
  16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Because some people didn't want me to die, now that no one cares about me anymore, I am unsure as to why I continue to stick around.
  17. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Nothing but for going to the motion of living life one day at a time. I am happier, much happier, in comparison to even a few months ago and I can not claim to have been deep in depression lately. That does not mean that if the opportunity for me to kill myself easily arose I would pass it up. If today I found myself alone with a gun, I would pull the trigger. Mostly I have been focusing on my basic needs; I avoid thinking about the larger picture, my place in life and other meaningful topics and going to facebook because otherwise it always launches me back to a dark place.

I have been doing just fine keeping my rose-coloured blinkers on but I won't hesitate to end things if given the opportunity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.