A small gesture of hope.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ediciussievol, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

To all who are feeling suicidal tonight: I've been there. I know what it feels like to despair. I don't know your specific pain, but trust me, despair is universal.

I know what it feels like to not want to wake up, and face tomorrow. I know what it feels like to want to end the pain.

Sometimes it's only through the pain, that you see the clouds part. And that can be your victory... a victory that you never thought you'd see.

Hope. It is so elusive for you right now. But somewhere deep inside you, it's in there. Somewhere.

Hang on to it. Never let it go. There's something wonderful for you to see, to experience. Otherwise, why are you suffering so?

Everything good comes at great cost. Everything has it's price. You ARE worth seeing what that wonderful is.

Stay alive. Seek it out. Just please, from someone who's been there where you are right now, at this very moment. Hang on to that hope inside you.

You ARE worth it.

I am living proof that it does get better. I want YOU to see what I see. I want YOU to become that living proof yourself.

Nothing good comes without great cost. But YOU are WORTH it.

Don't ever let go of that hope. NEVER let go.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

thanks for this :heart:
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I hope your words are of help to some here. I also hope that they take the time to pm you and possibly you can share your experience with them to show how hope and a reason to hang on can be found. Glad you found that point in your life and sending you wishes for all the best in your future.
  4. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm glad you have found some hope in your life sadly its not the same for me there is no hope to be found anywhere looked for it but its nowhere to be seen and never will be. Sorry to sound so negative just how I'm feeling today hopeless
  5. Ediciussievol

It's okay to feel just how you feel. No need to apologize :p I'm still learning that. When you're down, all you say to yourself is "I shouldn't feel like this... I shouldn't do that. I'm no good, etc. etc. ad nauseum."

I'm curious... did you know the statement ending with "and never will be" is catastrophic thinking. It's not doing you any good. We keep ourselves down, most times it seems...

The ray of hope is just that... accept that the way you view the world right now, isn't necessarily accurate. That's what saved me back when I knew there was only one way to go, and that was down.

Something told me that maybe my view wasn't accurate. No more, no less.

It has to come from within. There's no one else worth it. But you are... people might be able to give you some tools, but in the end, it's all up to you.

So do the opposite of what you feel everyone and everything else has done to you... don't give up on yourself. You owe yourself that much. :sad:

Hang in there, okay? I still go up and down... but I'm working on it. I'm worth it, and so are you!
  6. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

Im this close to giving up. I got nothing to look forward to tomorrow.

Just the same crap (Wake up, go to work, come home, eat food, till bed...)

You be amazed the amount of people I talk to on the phone everyday. Mostly Zero.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad things have changed for you and you found that hope to cling to. It is out there and up to each individual to search for. Some have the energy to find it and some give up before they do. I urge everyone to keep searching, seeking. You never know when that tomorrow may come. It can be soon or far off in the distance. Don't give up. You hold the control. :hug:
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hope is one thing that you have to hang on to if you want to get better. Thanks for sharing this. :hug:
  9. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I am sorry if anything I said yesturday offended you I am just finding it so so hard to find any hope at all in this thing they call life to me it just seems completely pointless
  10. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this, you've no idea how much just hearing these words mean to me right now.
  11. Ediciussievol

Nothing you said offended me. I promise.

I know what despair feels like when you finally feel that the pain has to go no matter the cost. It is hard. Sometimes when you feel you are drowning, the gasps of air you're able to get seem like torture as you are drawn to what looks like the inevitable.

But stop, and listen: Hope is just that... there you are drowning, but you can't see the hand reaching down to help you? The hope is somewhere inside you knowing, that just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. The "hand" is something. But it's there. It's THERE. But you have to allow yourself the thought that perhaps you cannot, in your state of mind, see it. When you get that way, you just have to TRUST. You ARE worth it.

If I could, I would hug each and every one of you suffering from this. You are my brothers and sisters closer than my own blood. Why? Because our souls suffer together, whether you feel alone or not, we suffer together, separated only by distance, and not by degree.
  12. Ediciussievol

Rolo555: Treat yourself to something new, and special. Just for you! Treat yourself extra special. "Built it, and they will come." If you improve how YOU treat you, others will follow. I promise it works this way. Give it time, you'll see! :cool:
  13. Ediciussievol

To hear that is why I am thanking you :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.