A small note, for those feeling down.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by JustScott, Jun 1, 2015.

1. JustScott

JustScott Well-Known Member

Some people might remember me from my now maybe 6 monthly visits here. That's not because I stopped liking the site, or the people. It's that I didn't feel like I any longer needed the kind support that so many of the lovely members and staff gave me here. I am eternally grateful for that, and it's related to what I want to share with you.

There are such things as successes when it comes to fighting mental illnesses/suicidal thoughts. It really does happen, and I am one of them. I know that everybody has a different way of coping with disappointments/anger/insert emotion here, but please; stay positive, and celebrate every small victory that you possibly can!

Whether that's something amazing, like getting to your five year mark without SH, or something smaller but equally as important for that person, such being able to take your pet dog for an entire walk without feeling anxious about being outside (these are random examples). CELEBRATE THEM! Some people disagree, but I think it's the best thing to do! (Another example) So...I SH'd today, and that's making me really stressed out, but my Lord, I made an amazing steak/pie/salad/other food tonight, I've always wanted to do that! Go me!
    I think it will help. It helped me, and now I've gone for over two years without even thinking about SH.

You are all amazing, kind, beautiful people. And there will always be support, and kindness for both each other, and new members too when they arrive here. I see that that's obvious.

Try to have the best week that you possibly can, and I shall perhaps be back on a more regular basis.
    Your invisible (but completely real) friend,
    Scott.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I remember you Scott. Thank you for coming back and sharing this, I needed to hear this tonight as I am feeling a bit isolated and useless. I DID make a great steak haha!

You are a great person, never forget that <3

3. JustScott

JustScott Well-Known Member

It's absolutely my pleasure, Petal. *hug I'm sorry to hear you feel useless, because the fact is that you're not useless. You're nowhere near useless, actually. Think about how many thousands of times during your years here that you gave somebody a shoulder to lean on. Every minute, hour, day of your time that you so selflessly give to this site, and the many thousands who have arrived here looking for help. You're a massively positive person, Petal. And you do so much for other people. Don't consider yourself useless, because you're not.

Thank you :) And really, so are you <3

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Scott, thank you for your kind words, I will do my best to remember them next time I am thinking of SH, it has been over 3 months now I believe. I feel you are right, we must celebrate the small things, like getting through the day with little to no anxiety, I will be doing this from now on :)

That put a smile on my face :p

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You're right, it's always good to celebrate even the smallest of successes, and not beat yourself up if you make a mistake. Even if you have a bad day, try to find something that you enjoy. it's best to live day to day and not worry about the future. That's how I feel and I don't want to die anymore. In fact, I want to live as long as possible. I am curious to see how the future pans out. This was a really nice message and I hope you do come back whenever you need support. This is a great site and all of the members put together make it that way.