A Spiritual Calling

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
a spiritual calling by extraterrestrailone (aka dan)

an intro to an intro

(Thoughts on Delusionality, Reality, Science, Spirituality, Positivity & What To Do)

The following is a collection of thoughts on delusionality, science, spirituality, and moving us out of the dark ages in order to create a more positive approach to proactivity and perturbation.

- this is a request for some advice @666 @Dawn @gypsylee @Lulabelle @AliceinWonderlannd @AsphyxiateOnWords @HumanExMachina @Innocent Forever @SleepyOwl @Weineix @DowntheRabbitHole as I prepare to get deeper into questions and concerns I have, as I get back into a stalled project I have been working on that believe is my life’s mission - and yes, really, a spiritual calling. I hope you will read this. I will be posting the 4 parts one by one so it is not so overwhelming - trust me, its been on my mind most - if not all my life. it is overwhelming and it has come time to share it with all of you. Please read as much or as little as you’d like. I am hoping for comments, thoughts, & suggestions - even disagreement. i do listen. Please tag others if you know of someone who might be interested.

PART ONE

“They’re trying to uno in”. This phrase, I dreamt in a dream, uno being pronounced you-no - (or you-know).

This is what I heard, (as if even seeing) in a dream/half-dream/dream as I was lying down in the tub, not ready to be awake one morning, under the spray of the shower, and while trying to resist hijacker and trying to avoid engaging in ‘self harm’.

Avoiding self harm is key. How better to avoid than by doing something constructive instead?, like helping others - perhaps like volunteering?

This bit of dream, once I woke enough to be aware - was actually “resparking” my desire to resume my temporarily stalled work on “art - terrorism - safety”; my project. Not volunteer work per se but something I hope to be as effective or more so. Over a three and a half year period I had often discussed it with my former therapist. I even submitted parts to my writing group. I would not be writing, here, now, had I not had this dream. When my therapy was abruptly ended last December, it opened the door to other conditions stifling my work. My beliefs may seem off the wall to your everyday rational and or casual thinker. And yes, I have allowed a lack of interest from others and the occasional sad looks of “he’s so delusional” to become an obstacle and put this project on hold if not derail it altogether.

I have been hoping for input from others so that I can better identify direction, research and all the other work I need to do. It was just a matter of time to stop allowing other people’s misinterpretations and negative or non reactions to nearly shut my work down permanently.

I hope to see if any of my thoughts here resonate with anyone, and if so, what the reactions are. Reactions that hopefully, are in better ways, than to simply be pitying me for my supposed, apparent delusionality - much of this is my belief in how mental healthcare and the world in general can become a better place.

I have what I suppose amounts to a vision, and people have suggestd that if I want to help the world - and I’d be helping myself at the same time - I should volunteer for an organization that deals with the issues I am thinking about and writing about here. I find that my ideas are in conflict with such organizations, however, and it is here that I need much input from others because I am not intending to be confrontational with organizations whose side I actually am on.

I do believe it necessary to make changes in a healthcare system that I believe is pandering to pharmaceutical companies and worse - much worse - insurance companies who unscrupulously have been robbing everyone blind. I have already spoken up about this on occasion and suspect that it is because I appear to be making waves (though make them in a constructive and not destructive way) that I have been so ignored by those I’ve spoken to - people in the healthcare system whose careers would be jeopardized by threatening the insurance/hospital board/government agency status quo. I believe many operate under the notion that “you can never change the system anyway so why even try? just join a well known mental health organization and volunteer your time and help them”. But i’m sorry, I can’t do that. I have my own ideas and I will probably die trying to promote them but that’s what I gotta do. I really do hope some people around here will pay a little attention and help me to test my speculations.

Interpreting my own dream, “uno” to me, obviously means ‘one’ and simultaneously its pronunciation meaning ‘you know’! What the significance of ‘one’ is, I suspect has to do with sexuality. Not that it suggests mine or anyone’s in particular and not necessarily one or the other, but one as a unified thing. In this sense, I would suggest that people’s own personal sexualities are something within their own personal bodies while still being male or female physically. Then, if somewhere out of those parameters, this would need further consideration and learning on my part - I am not here trying to convey any conclusions in my thoughts right now. As I see it, one sex is only half of the species. So when trying to ‘uno in’, in the dream, it meant returning to the “place” as whole. (at present, “place” is an unknown). As I dreamt, the above concept and meaning, I picked up, out of the mind of the one and only person I saw in the dream.

In my life’s searching, I have arrived at something I call my religion. It is my religion that prompts me to pursue this project. My religion evolved out of my atheistic upbringing and growing spirituality from childhood to early teens - stage one; then on through my 40s - stage two, when it became much more coherent. I believe it could be helpful to the rest of the world and I want to tell people about it and for this stage of it, get feedback in order to better clarify my ideas and thus make my message clearer. I do not perceive it to be one of irrationality and delusion and this dream seems to have come specifically to prompt me to get back into the work.

I believe that I am somehow tapped into a higher plane. I have even thought of myself as an empath at times. I like to avoid dwelling on thoughts like that though, because there is so much here about which for me or anyone to be skeptical - i do think there is much quackery associated with this.

Possibly, being tapped into a higher plane - believing/feeling as though I am anyway - it is also that I am aware of being “watched” and that “god” and what I call god and what everyone calls god are really quite a different thing from what is assumed to be “God” and at the same time, are really the same. And that it is the god or supposed god/similar god that is doing the watching.

I call myself a spirit and I recognize that as the spirit I believe myself to be, I am comprised of many spirits; one, some or many of which may be comprised of many as well *. As for the feeling of being watched, well, one might tell me or say it anyway - though not to my face, that this is a part of my mental illness - the delusional thinking / psychological encumbrance (cognicumbrance - as i call it). This is a thing I must continually consider; and I do.

I think that anyone who believes in god - and there are a few here around - that in that thought of belief in god, integrally is the feeling of being watched. To me, religion quite often speaks of god watching us. So there, delusional thinking all around. Yes? No? What do you think?

Yet I say, that if we all get treated for cognicumbrance (mental illness), we will be doing away with god. I am not certain that that is a beneficial course to take. It is here that my thoughts on healthcare and spirituality and science meet and become interdependent. I believe that religions - all - are an essential part of humanity. I believe that we’ve arrived at these religions through speculation, desire, misinformation, lies, hope, fairytales and fact. I believe that science holds the key to all the questions and is an ally of religion, not an enemy. I think all faiths are a crucial part of our earth society.

I believe we can thrive - and should - as a species, with acceptance of all religions. For most of my life, I have had pro communist teaching, leanings but I definitely don’t relate to those who think religion is “the opiate of the masses”. I don’t think doing away with religion is a good idea. Without, I believe we will become a rapidly self destroying species. I believe that religion provides something that we need beyond “false” hope - or being the “opiate...”. Religion provides/brings to light, meaning and purpose. Meaning and purpose I do not think are fairy tales. They do guide the animal to pursue life and living. I think religion and spirituality are a natural and necessary human proclivity.

It is my feeling that although present religions to date are lacking in appropriately addressing 21st century issues and needs, and may even be based upon poor judgement or fairy tale like stories or untruths, they do deal positively with something I believe is real and needed. It is just not god or spirits or the supernatural as commonly presently accepted and or perceived or believed in. That, by my thinking, does not diminish the value and importance of religion.

• My concept of spirits is not the concept of those little guys sitting on your shoulder telling what you should and shouldn’t do. It is not the ghost or other visitors in the book “A Christmas Carol”, nor the ghosts in Ghost Busters. Spirits are more likely the strings in the string theory (or other unseen components of the universe that I am not familiar enough with yet to comment on), and are in need of sound scientific research to better define them as what I believe to be spiritly. I do believe we are slowly moving toward a scientific explanation of spirits. — Yet there is a reluctance to conduct such research due to the “delusional thinking” thing; skepticism of purveyors of religion; and a fear in the scientific community that a serious study of the “supernatural” will only discredit science and make a mockery of serious thought, study and findings. I guess that now more than ever, such a mockery is a real danger, but beating that, calls for some risk taking that will be a worthwhile venture. — We should be moving everyone’s spirituality into scientific acceptability, responsibility, and growing knowledge. As i see it, religion and spirituality and the supernatural have been treated very unscientifically by the scientific community. That to me is what discredits science. — It is also true that many who cling to religion first and foremost over science don’t want their safety pulled out from under. It is crucial that the existence or nonexistence of spirits be seriously, scientifically studied nonetheless. There is order to the disorder of the universe. What is believed to be spirits by some, may actually be building blocks of the universe. It is human to find out all about it. And with this project, I am more likely responding to my human nature than simply being delusional. I am not a scientist, but maybe I am a promulgator of what I speculate as real.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey @Abibug @ClassicShowsFan @dtc @Kalicka @MagickLynx @Walker @Were all together i just wanted to invite you to take a look because this is me. this is what i’m thinking about all the time. also maybe you know someone who might be interested so feel free to tag people. this stuff has just been boiling over in me. can’t keep it secret anymore and it is in accord with today’s jim’s cafe theme too anyway.

ClassicsFan

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey ET

Your post is really interesting. Thank you for sharing and for tagging me.

I'm going to read it a few more times and get my thoughts in order as it is very complex.

I'll get back to you when I've fully digested it.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey ET

I'm going to read it a few more times and get my thoughts in order as it is very complex.

i know it is complex. i’ve been struggling with it for so long. i’ve been suggesting, hinting, wishing, asking and always thinking that like my supervisor at work always makes me believe, i am to damn wordy for my own good and anyone elses so i just keep the real me to myslef and never tell. but i got some persuasive advice here which made me feel good so i’ve said fuck you to hijacker and posted. and thanks btw, you being around helps too.

I believe that science holds the key to all the questions and is an ally of religion, not an enemy.
It is my feeling that although present religions to date are lacking in appropriately addressing 21st century issues and needs, and may even be based upon poor judgement or fairy tale like stories or untruths, they do deal positively with something I believe is real and needed. It is just not god or spirits or the supernatural as commonly presently accepted and or perceived or believed in. That, by my thinking, does not diminish the value and importance of religion.
Definitely my favorite parts. As you said, religion and science should work together.

But, the biggest problem is that in medicine, when it is linked to faith, usually the "faith part" is bigger / gets bigger (it will ignore proven healing methods, it will be assumed, that you can "pray" to become healthy, etc.). Clearly the placebo effect is powerful, but not almighty. That's why this topic is a bit difficult.

Yet, if the medical profession takes brave steps towards the abstract / untried in combination with spirituality, as you suggest, great progress could be made.

I'm pretty impressed by your way of thinking and writing so far and look forward to the next parts.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Now i am continuing with part 2 of A Spiritual Calling. I’ve tagged some people and now i’m tagging some more. i hope the new tagees will take a look at the above too.
@EZ Writer @Foreignwoman @Jasonpi @Jesse001 @may71 @patrick the robot @Petal @pooky @Sarahbeanie @Trapper

PART TWO

Let me get back into my own “delusional” dream mentioned in part one.

As i saw it: There was a watch tower like those you will find in airports - What do they call them? Control towers?. I saw a woman, possibly African/Carribean (I have no idea why) - I think she wore a light raw sienna colored skirt perhaps 16 cm below the knee. She had her hair up maybe in a bun and wore a moss green shirt. I was focused on her presence there. It was her mind I was peering into in the dream. Yet it may have been she who was the observationist there. All the while, I was observing this dream from outside the dream. I was observing her observing the (collective) me. I heard a voice coming over the radio from someone at another remote location. The voice said “They’re trying to uno in”. By my thinking, in the dream, someone was alerting this woman from an observation point elsewhere, that a flight coming in was attempting to come in - in that manner. (as the known and unified)

What could this mean to the delusional thinker? - in this case, me - the delusional dreamer? Who is they? Well, I have been having a great deal of difficulty with my life and the troubles all seemed to have surfaced in a confused, wild, painful way, especially lately and I am in the final quarter of my life. I think it is ok to say that. I am sure you all have (all being those who sort of know me) heard me squawking around about hijacker this; hijacker that. I think the “they” in the dream refers to me, the collection of spirits that is me. And I think the “whom” that was telling the observationist was those spirits associated with the inserting of hijacker in my life and existence. And the observationist, probably she was a neutral third party spirit/spirits being in the control tower, making sure that win or lose the war - my life, that upon landing, I would not just crash and burn. Crash and burn is not the purpose of my existence.

OK OK I understand - very delusional thinking. It is - I know it. But it also is me. I’m kind of stuck - as the say, between a rock and a pizza. This is what I am. This is what I must be. Me the person I am with the ingredients I was “given” at birth or before or not much after, and also along the way. What can I do but respond accordingly? It is why I don’t take meds. I can’t risk losing or damaging the only part of my mind I love and need to keep whole, intact, and be me. In this case, this being me who I really am. If it be deemed delusional, so be it! My heart is true to something I know and believe is better. I tell this not to tell you my dream but to give you an idea of my concepts of the make up of the universe and how they connect to my spiritual beliefs, my religion and my science and what I perceive to be my purpose here - what I can do as a human being, living in a situation so similar to many others where liberation from a dependency on an enslaving discompassionate and dark ages healthcare system is the needed step to making the world a better place. And most importantly because I am seeking your help in testing and refining my ideas and conveying them to others to try and explain how I might apply these thoughts, feelings and beliefs in a way that is applicable to the world, as much as I can do it - as much as I can make it happen.

With this dream, I think I am presented with a multitude of what ifs. One such is -

as mentioned in part one, we may feel like we are being watched because we are all (every human being etc) delusional and mentally ill to the mmmpfth degree that we qualify for such diagnosis; or maybe we are really being watched.

For me, I am not comfortable with this life thing here on earth being just a random accident. Sorry to say it “born-live-die-the-end” camp; I believe you are all wrong. (Maybe it is the debate with you I hope for the most). I further speculate that most of you don’t really believe what you say. This is just my opinion - my speculation. I spent many years in that camp too. Take this any way you want within the peaceful parameters of constructive debate and discussion. I want and need discussion about this. By having just seemingly defined you that way, you become lumped in with everyone else on earth by my thinking. All with what I perceive as flawed thinking at times, all suspected of being with delusional thinking and all ready and willing to possibly fight to some extreme degrees in some cases for beliefs that may be based on wrong premise. (a note: I feel it is very appropriate to classify all people as a single group. This may account for ‘uno’ in my dream also - And seeing everyone as one, noting that everyone is subject to psychological encumbrances - not just the ones stigmatized into being the “untouchables”).

It is important to recognize that everyone is with what I’ve been calling cognicumbrance even if just slightly and temporarily. The old terminology used, ‘mental illness’ is so full of stigma - and marching with candles down an important street will not remove stigma but enforce it.

You do need to play around with words a little and reshape thinking. I call mental illness psychological encumbrance or cognicumbrance, and think it is something everyone goes through. Some worse than others, some better. When you isolate some as mentally ill, they will never escape that and the rest of the population just lives in fear.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Last edited:

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I saw a chart a while ago, it was somehow showing many religions and snake worship, I think, but I cannot find it. There's this though.. quite interesting to compare them all: http://www.religionfacts.com/big-religion-chart
Thanks Magic, I just read the list. I felt the need to to protest every now and then because I felt some were redundancies. That is something I need to look into. I think the big thing is that spiritualism is listed and has just about nothing to do with my ideas except in a very superficial way.

I wonder if there is a list like this on scientific thought.

Magic thanks. This list is making me think. (Love that). I've written only 4000 words and only posted about half of it so far. (Will be posting the rest shortly).

It's really important to me to do this. Another gigantic step will be to honestly disclose my mentality to my writing group. Because I want people to know, but I don't want to be an interesting thing to be avoided. To me it's serious thought to be shared and considered. People have told me I'm courageous, but I'm not. Your suggestion helps so greatly. Thanks!!!

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey ET

Hey Lula, But don't feel like you need to fully digest!!! A gut reaction along the way could even be more valuable. You know, later, when you need a book to read but don't have one you could read this. What I'm looking for is figuring out (aside from it's intimidating length - for a post) am I just delusional? Might there be validity in parts? Am I being offensive? Someone might have a comment after the first paragraph. I broke it into four parts. It was just too much work to figure out how to subdivide even more. And I'm ok with a suggestion that I'd be better off sticking to something more casual.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
A lot of thinking went into this. Thanks for tagging me Extra:)
Hey Human, we've discussed many things in the past. Well a few anyway. What is in my mind ATM is, delusional people put a lot of thought into things. I have been told in the past that I am delusional. Putting a lot of thought does not rule out delusionality. I came to this site, with that consideration as part of why I'm here. I do realize that this is a lot to read. Maybe I've tagged 50 people. I realize I'll be very lucky if I find one person who actually gets involved, but I'm hoping to find the courage - which I don't have btw - to present this stuff to my writers group. I just have a huge fear of doing that. I need to overcome that fear. I need to figure out, am I battling hijacker or just falling into it's trap??

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00