A squirrel who thinks he's a dog

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ~PinkElephants~, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

For about as long as she can remember, Debby Cantlon says, friends and strangers have brought her animals in need. So it wasn't much of a surprise when someone asked her if she'd care for a newborn squirrel found at the base of a tree somewhere near Renton .

[​IMG]

Debby Cantlon, who plans to release Finnegan, the young squirrel, back into the wild, bottle-fed the infant squirrel after it was brought to her house.

[​IMG]

When Cantlon took in the tiny creature and began caring for him, she found herself with an unlikely nurse's aide: her pregnant Papillon, Mademoiselle Giselle.

[​IMG]

Finnegan was resting in a nest in a cage just days before Giselle was due to deliver her puppies.

[​IMG]

Cantlon and her husband watched as the dog dragged the squirrel's cage twice to her own bedside before she gave birth.

[​IMG]

Cantlon was concerned, yet ultimately decided to allow the squirrel out and the inter-species bonding began.

[​IMG]

Finnegan rides a puppy mosh pit of sorts, burrowing in for warmth after feeding, and eventually working his way beneath his new litter mates.

[​IMG]

Two days after giving birth, mama dog Giselle allowed Finnegan to nurse; family photos and a videotape show her encouraging him to suckle alongside her litter of five pups.

[​IMG]

Now, Finnegan mostly uses a bottle, but still snuggles with his "siblings" in a mosh pit of puppies, rolling atop their bodies and sinking in deeply for a nap.

[​IMG]

Finnegan and his new litter mates, five Papillion puppies, get along together as if they were meant to.
    Finnegan makes himself at home with his new litter mates, nuzzling nose-to-nose for a nap after feeding.

AWWWWWWWWW

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Aww! :laugh: How cute.

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Omg! Adoraaaaaaable. :laugh:

4. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

That is adorable!!! :biggrin:

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Awwwwwwwwwwws

6. NooSenseFantastika

NooSenseFantastika Well-Known Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i want a squirle...squirel...I WANT ONE

7. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

OMG, that is tooo adorable, me want one!!! gimme!

8. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

:thanks:
    Thanks chicka :laugh:
    That's really sweet and inspiring Kanani! You just made my day. :smile:

I started digging into the story and eventually, after the distraction of having watched through 18 minutes of burping compilations on Youtube (no really, I did), I ended up with a similar video on a kitten and a crow (on caretaking that is, not burping). I thought this one was really touching as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JiJzqXxgxo

:bunny: :cat: :bunny:

9. Child_Of_The_Night

Child_Of_The_Night Well-Known Member

awwwww thats too cute.

10. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

:cool: kinda cute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.