A squirrel who thinks he's a dog

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ~PinkElephants~, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

For about as long as she can remember, Debby Cantlon says, friends and strangers have brought her animals in need. So it wasn't much of a surprise when someone asked her if she'd care for a newborn squirrel found at the base of a tree somewhere near Renton .

Debby Cantlon, who plans to release Finnegan, the young squirrel, back into the wild, bottle-fed the infant squirrel after it was brought to her house.

When Cantlon took in the tiny creature and began caring for him, she found herself with an unlikely nurse's aide: her pregnant Papillon, Mademoiselle Giselle.

Finnegan was resting in a nest in a cage just days before Giselle was due to deliver her puppies.

Cantlon and her husband watched as the dog dragged the squirrel's cage twice to her own bedside before she gave birth.

Cantlon was concerned, yet ultimately decided to allow the squirrel out and the inter-species bonding began.

Finnegan rides a puppy mosh pit of sorts, burrowing in for warmth after feeding, and eventually working his way beneath his new litter mates.

Two days after giving birth, mama dog Giselle allowed Finnegan to nurse; family photos and a videotape show her encouraging him to suckle alongside her litter of five pups.

Now, Finnegan mostly uses a bottle, but still snuggles with his "siblings" in a mosh pit of puppies, rolling atop their bodies and sinking in deeply for a nap.

Finnegan and his new litter mates, five Papillion puppies, get along together as if they were meant to.
    Finnegan makes himself at home with his new litter mates, nuzzling nose-to-nose for a nap after feeding.

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Aww! :laugh: How cute.
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Omg! Adoraaaaaaable. :laugh:
  4. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

That is adorable!!! :biggrin:
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

6. NooSenseFantastika

NooSenseFantastika Well-Known Member

i want a squirle...squirel...I WANT ONE
  7. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

OMG, that is tooo adorable, me want one!!! gimme!
  8. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

Thanks chicka :laugh:
    That's really sweet and inspiring Kanani! You just made my day. :smile:

I started digging into the story and eventually, after the distraction of having watched through 18 minutes of burping compilations on Youtube (no really, I did), I ended up with a similar video on a kitten and a crow (on caretaking that is, not burping). I thought this one was really touching as well:

:bunny: :cat: :bunny:
  9. Child_Of_The_Night

Child_Of_The_Night Well-Known Member

awwwww thats too cute.
  10. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

:cool: kinda cute
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.