A story just like any other

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

My story may be similar to many others. Due to mobbing and harassment at work I became severely depressed. Then a chain of incidents started. I became very suicidal and was admitted at a crisis unit (closed) for 6 days at the cantonal hospital, then I began my sick leave from work (I have not been working for 7 months). After a few weeks I made my first attempt by xxxx, the result was: me calling for help, an ambulance pick me up and stayed at the hospital ER or 7 hours and then was sent to a psychiatric hospital from which I asked to be released and the did it the next day. I was feeling like crap and so stupid.
    Depression has remained, then I was sent to a private clinic for 6 weeks and lately I started a new treatment and therapy with a psychiatrist and seems my depression has become even more extreme.
    I am just so exhausted, I am so tired, I just want to sleep forever, I don't want to think about my disease and I just wonder if one day I will feel better again.
    Has anyone seen light at the end of the tunnel of this horrible condition (depression)? I am desperate!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so sorry things are so rough...have you spoken to your therapist about your reaction to the treatment? I think s/he would want to know what is going on for you...and yes, there are ppl who do manage and recover from being depressed...and know many ppl who have found some light in the darkness...welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences...J
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi glad you reached out here for support with new meds treatment yes people have beat depression and got thier lives back take care
  4. Kate777

Kate777 Well-Known Member

Hey Pollo,

Sorry to hear things are so bad for you at the moment. I know when you're in the place you are now that it's unimaginable that anyone could get their life back but they do.

When I was at my worst I experience similar feelings of exhaustion and not wanting to be awake so I can empathise with that. But over the last few months things have slowly started to change, people have been where you are now and they do come out of the other side. It's awful while it's happening but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't panic if you don't see it straight away, just trust that it's there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.