A Strained Friendship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by BEAR, Feb 18, 2018.

1. BEAR

BEAR New Member

So i receive a message from a friend who i thought understood the psychology of depression as he has a degree in the subject and he recently come out with that i need to "Snap out of it".. and I don't know how to reply as I am feeling pretty annoyed/angry at his insensitivity!

Any suggestions?
  2. JustLovely

JustLovely Wants to become a cat

Well that is just rude. The degree clearly did not help him understand what depression is. I myself wouldn't waste my time discussing the topic with that person.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I would ignore the comment even though its very insensitive. YOU have to be strong for yourself. People who suffer or have suffered depression understand what YOU are going through.

I would not take this comment to heart but try to forgive this person. At the end of the day as human beings we must try to get on with each other.
  4. Mercedesgirl

Mercedesgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I'd reply as you have said, that their comment is insensitive and has actually upset you.
  5. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'd go for the IGNORE unless you can afford to lose the friendship. Though they sound like a jerkoff.. maybe you can afford to lose it. Either way, good luck with that.