A success of yours

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Something you did that went well..little or big but was good..

Mine was today not buying on amazon the new releases bluray 4 movies of Indianna Jones collection..watched my 4 regular DVDs and decided that was fine and ok.. Hopefully will be able todo the same with Tuesday's release of E.T.s on bluray????
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

went to my therapist today let out some emotions
  3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Hmm... Ill get back to you. Maybe Ill do it after I make dinner :O ... That'd be nice.
  4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Fed my Tommy Tom today.
  5. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Made dinner for myself and my sister.
    Wrote a couple of important e-mails.
    Did some laundry (well, okay, still in the process but it will be done!)
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I haven't done anything successfully lately...

I guess my biggest success is the fact that I'm still alive.
  7. Cannin

Cannin Member

Insead of going to mcdonalds and eating fat food because I was really hungary I went home and made mac and cheese :)
  8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Just finished Steve Jon's biography using kindle on iPad.. All 640 pages..loved it.. Jon's was one of a kind in many ways..was not only ahead of his time, he made time..

Thank you..
  9. Adon

Adon Member

Push people that mean a lot to me away. It's probably not the smart thing to do, but it somehow makes sense to me.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not being dead yet...although it doesn't feel like much of a success
  11. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

changing my mind not to pay for a quite useless but very cute debit card :biggrin:
  12. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

too ashamed to tell here how long it had been since i had shaved and johnny and i had gone without baths and clean clothes.. well just did shaves adn baths and clean clothes for both of us..lectric razor with a week's worth of hair out of control was not easy at all but again promise to shave more often this time..
  13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

held it to a pack of the marlboros yesterday. think can do the same today.. called up the quit for life smoking cessastion program thru my hmo and reregistered and talked to a quitcoach for a bit..

then johnny and i went mall walking in the corroidors of nearby shopping mall.. had been months and proud that got us to do it today.. restarted my diary in different user section of my puter just now.. hidden without password for that user.. going to try to add entry every evening fore go to bed..
  14. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

A recent success of mine is getting a motorbike licence. I now have a little blue 600cc bike to razz about on. Its probably a bit too powerful for me and winters comming up. If I survive to the end of the year I will be surprised. :rolleyes:
  15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Did bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches for dinner. Much better than TV dinners..
  16. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Ate a fulfilling dinner. Rice, pork chops, and corn on the cob.
  17. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Some days ago, I bought an electric guitar. It was an old dream of mine, and I feel accomplished.
  18. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I'm now a support worker. It has been a goal of mine to 'be on the other side of the table' - as in, the person helping rather than needing help, ever since my keyworker (who recently discharged me!) said I have a natural warmth about me. Long term my goal is to become an occupational therapist... but this is a big step and I'm really proud of myself. Helping others is very rewarding and a good distraction. Made me feel crazy good when a guy I work with today told me he likes my company and that i'm a really good support worker... it really did mean a lot to me.
  19. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((pogosticker)) your success gets a five star rating from me now.. you have stuck to it and got something you really wanted.. big congrats to you.. good luck on gettting the OT work done also.. hearing this from you today makes my day better.. thanks.. Jim
  20. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

holding it to a pack of the marlboros today.. also got us dressed and johnny and i mall walked for 25 minutes just now.. am proud of both of us.. going to try to do 3 or 4 times a week..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.