A survivor survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very new to these forums. I would just want to know what ages was it when you "survived". I am 28 when I "survived" from <edit mod total eclipse method> (Hence my nick)..

Is it common for people at my age or is it younger.

I would wish to share my story but it's really too painful to rake it up. It was a year and a month ago..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Goodness me, I'm not sure what to say other than how do you feel after surviving your attempt?
Do you feel like you were in some way saved/spared and want to try and get better?

My attempts were all in my early 20s.

White_Darkness

My self-harm (though quite innocent at the beginning) started when i was - drumroll - 8 years old. The serious stuff started when I was 17. My actual attempts occured when I was 18-20 years old.

LotusFlower

Antiquities Friend
I was 11 the first time I tried to kill myself. My last attempt was last fall, I dissocated and was found by the police.
I lost count. I have so many scars in my wrist from where they have had to be stitched and right now I am getting my liver checked out I was in ICU at 14 and 17. I have lost count of how many time.
I have been on the wards many times and you see people of all ages.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
My fist attempt was in my mid twenties. My last attempt was in February 2010 at 46. There have been many between, but only two have been so close especially the last attempt. Unknowingly the docs at the hospital confirmed I have the right cocktail this time but was 20 minutes away from being dead. So I know it's the quantity I need to increase. Then there will be no more attempts. I'm slipping into actively becoming suicidal again. Let me clarify that. I'm always feeing suicidal, but everything is ready to go for my (and making sure it doesnt end up just another attempt) suicide attempt. I'm actively suicidal and praying for the result I need. I just need the strength to hold on a few more days so that nothing will interfer. No contact here, slowly letting friends move on, isolating so that the thoughts keep feeding me. It just has to work!!! Cuz it's all I know and need.

PandorasToybox

My first actual attempt was on May 1st 2009 at 18. I ended up in the ER w/ my counsellor =( It was a scary experience.
My last attempt was hm...November '09.

my first was when I was 15. The others have been in my early 20s (I'm 27 now). It has been about 3 years since my last attempt, but yeah.
Things get a little better, but it never lasts.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
most of mine came last year when I was 25. resulted in 3 hospital stays. The first time I got sent to a psych hospital for a week. the next 2 times I convinced them they weren't suicide attempts when in reality they were. I just didn't want to go back to the psych hospital..

Banned Member
First and last attempt (up to now); 17yrs ago. spent a couple weeks in icu. fair amount of time on an alcohol drip (IV alcohol of all things). Not good. Kidneys shut down, messed with heart some other organ who knows, messed up carotid/jugular, collapsed lung, septicemia, etc etc etc...
Oh Boy let's get it right this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00