A Tale of Shaky Recovery

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by thesilence, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesilence

thesilence Guest

I did it.

I stopped cutting.

It may have only been a few weeks, but I made the decision, took the time and although it's been wobbly, I'm doing it.

I found a few people to support me, but don't condem me and accept that I make mistakes and that I will relapse, and I made the choice to stop. And I did.

And when I relapse I will go to them and tell them. And they will congradulate me on how long I'd gone, and thank me for coming to them, they will let me cry on their shoulder and they will tell me that I'm not a horrible person and that everyone makes mistakes, and that I can still do it even though I had a bit of a setback now. And to not feel guilty or bad.

I still fee the urge...I still want to...SO bad...and I know that just because I feel that urge, doesn't mean I have to cut, and I know that it will probably never go away, but that doesn't mean that I have to let it rule me.

I quit and I've stopped.

And you can too.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I stopped for about 3 weeks and went back to it the other night so your post came in good timing for me. I hope you manage to go longer without self harming, and it's good you have people who can lift you back up if you do relapse. Good luck. :hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I would like to congratulate you on your success. You are an inspiration to us all that there are successes that can happen. :hug:

4. thesilence

thesilence Guest

Thanks, I hope to help

5. Always Alone

Always Alone Guest

Your past the hard part, just keep going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.