A taste of kindness

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by total eclipse, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

A taste of kindness
    I was given kindness
    in a strange way
    with a time limitation
    then sent away
    no matter the ending
    i wondered if
    accepting the kindness
    was indeed a gift
    This taste of something
    i never really knew
    only increased the sadness
    when it was through
    A taste of kindness
    now it is gone
    i wonder again if i was wrong
    to let down my guard
    and trust again
    because i only feel
    loneliness and pain
    abandonment in the end.
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

very pretty. Sad and poetic. I can feel it too, I wonder all the time if I should've let my guard down and when something bad happens, is it your fault because you let them in? But I know it's not my fault...it's the other person's fault for using me....I won't stop being kind but I will try and be smarter and see the signs...

sorry I rambled...love your poem :)
  3. total eclipse

thanks hun yes we have to be careful that all
  4. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

Very nice poem .
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I really like this poem, and I can relate to it so well. I guess that's part of why I'm so closed off to people now, been hurt too much. And I know how hard it can be to trust again when you've been let down so many times. But I'm sure it won't always be that way.
  6. total eclipse

Thanks for your responses and i do think there is kind people really in the world there is i just don't think there should be time limit on caring for someone the poem is about a therapist really who i opened up to and in the end was thrown away in such a very degrading way really. but it led me to a much kinder therapist but one i still have a hard time trusting fully now
  7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Trust in itself isn't easy and then to have that questioned just makes things so much harder again. Some Ts seem to be ignorant to the effect their words and actions have on us as clients. It upsets me, particularly when we are in a tender state anyhow to start with. I am sorry TE.
  8. total eclipse

Thanks Mo I agree i don't think they truly understand how their actions and words affect us

i think some T should not be in that business it is all mind games to them you are not a person you are a just a challenge or wasted time to them not a person
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.