A triggering question

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

One of the things that makes me most sad is when I'm at a location that asks me for my emergency contact. I don't have one. No one. Anymore.

Its a huge reality check and triggers me something awful.

Its like getting slammed into a wall. Again. And then the darkness washes over me. :(

And so, here I am.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sometimes in life the worst triggers are the ones that come out of nowhere, that you do not see coming. Like when I get asked about friends and the truth is I have none, I have 1 ex I am still in contact with and that is it, its just sister and parents. But the casual 'bring a friend' thing serves to remind me of bad things.

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I'm with you there Mo. I put my solicitor down as next of kin. Even she won't actually do it. She's passed my will down to a junior. Know it's pathetic but when I got a letter from latter inviting me to revise my will I got upset because
    I never expected her to do the scut work when I died but thought she'd at least oversee my last wishes.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry that is triggering for you. I really am. I can't say I fully understand though 'cos I have a ton of people who I could put down as next of kin. If you need to talk, I'm here.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i hear you as well.

my biggist trigger is my parents, because in sted of trying to understand me, they put me through hell every day- they have put me through so much and i don't talk about them

friends wise- i've no one either. the closest i've got is probably laura, but she's online. so.

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I always put down my primary care physicians medical group regardless of fact I have spouse - simple fact is emergency contact implies emergency and they have better access to exact details of meds and copy of living will advance directive so are better suited to deal with any "emergency" and if it is past "emergency" than it really is not emergency anymore....
    This in no way compares to not having anybody and not intended to imply it does- but simply to share it is not unheard of to leave blank or put advocate or physician or other on there.
    I would be incredibly proud of the self sufficiency you have learned in life and proven you can do it by yourself where many would have failed in similar circumstance. It may not be your wish to have to remain like that and in time it can change- but nothing wrong in being proud of the strength you have developed...

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

i know it triggers you but if its form just leave it blank and if its a phone call explain that due to personal reasons you have no-one as next of kin

8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks everyone for responding....

And Ben... Thank you for your kind words.

Maybe I could be naughty and put down someone who has let me down!!! :devilish:

9. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I know that feeling

I give them my work number

10. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

don't worry they don;t check x

11. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Ooh, that is wonderfully wicked. Can I nick that idea please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.