A turn for the worst...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cleve44116, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleve44116

Cleve44116 New Member

I came so close this morning. The only thing holding me back is the guilt related to my parents. What a burden I'd create for them. Not that I'm not already a burden. They're in their seventies and have had to come over today to babysit me. How embarrassing for a 40-year-old man to still need his parents to bail him out. I've been too nervous to go to work the past two days. And while I feel guilty about it, I just don't care. My brother / business partner is back on Monday. That's when the s#$@ will hit the fan because he doesn't believe in mental illness. It's mind over matter he says. "Just pick yourself up. We all have problems. We all have responsibilities." Right now, though, I just don't care about anything. The folks want me to go for a walk, go hit some golf balls, anything. I spent 25 minutes on the excerise bike...that didn't help. How can I go play, if I can't even work? I see no future.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's not as easy as just "picking yourself up." Most people don't understand that though. They think you can force yourself to be happy, and it will all go away.
  3. dreamachine

dreamachine Active Member

yeah i never understood why people think mental illnesses are not real. As if someone would make the conscious choice to become this sick and depressed and suicidal....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.