A Virtual Site

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by shades, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

When the tchnology becomes available would you want to be part of a site like this but with virtual technology where you would see the people you are talking to in chat?. Or see the person you pm when both parties agree?. There would be virtual rooms for soapbox, etc where you could see who you were talking too. Would you?
  2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am still waiting for the Star Trek Holodeck technology to come along...so I would be all for something like that Shades!!!
  3. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

Dont know if i'd feel as comfrotable to talk if i could see a person face to face,i think i probably prefer to be annoymous on a site like this one.
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

i agree with pisces .. i wouldnt feel comfortable on a site like this .. the idea of a complete virtual world/chat sounds interesting though ..
    but i guess if u wanted 2 see another person from here online u can use web cams..both agreeing of couse :)
  5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I like the anonymity to be honest.

There are a few people here who I consider friends & they know what I look like, because sometimes it's nice to put a face to the name. Maybe it's just me but I get really paranoid about people I know in real life finding me here, for that reason alone I only share personal information & pictures with people I have got to know & trust over a period of time.

Like Mandy said, if people were comfortable with this sort of thing there is always webcams, facebook etc.
  6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

No, I wouldn't feel comfortable. There's no real need for it and there would be ulterior motives mixed in there.
  7. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I think most people are more comfortable with not knowing who they are talking to. I'll see a picture, but other then that I'm fine with just typing.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm not sure I'd like that.

If people want to see what I look like they can just add me on msn.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wouldn't be comfortable at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.