a wall

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by swimmergirl, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

how do I break it down? Or do i just let the walls keep closing in on me until they crush me and its finally over? why cant i let anyone in now, when I need to the most? when my life depends on it?

2. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

Sometimes the walls that we built to protect ourselves end up hurting us the most. But you're never going to be happy if you don't let people in.
    I'm struggling with that right now as well.

You can't just let your guard down and let anyone walk in, they need to earn your trust, but if you want to let someone in then you have to make an effort to share some of yourself with them.

It's a hard transition to let people in, but you should try.

3. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

The wall is a defensive measure you used to shut away all emotion so that nobody could hurt you. This only works for a limited time. Tearing down, or even just opening a small hole in that wall can be the scariest thing in the world. nevertheless, you must. Talk to us here; we will help. We are here for you. We want you to be happy, same as you. We will help you open up to us, but ultimately it is you who must make the first move; we need only to get a foot in the door, but you must crack open the door first.

Hugs!

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Walls are a good thing, they keep us safe from the harm others might cause. It is best to keep your walls up as high as you can.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You know you can come here and people will support you.. Thats a good first step..Keep this part of your wall open.. Maybe one day you will learn to trust again and will be able to take the wall down one brick at a time..We will listen to you and offer support to keep you standing.. Take care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.