A way out please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

I need another way out my life.. I can accept that I will have to deal with depression the rest of my life...hell I have thus far. I accept that I won't ever have a romantic relationship...who would want to deal with my shit. I accept that family will never understand and are freaked out about my scars, burns and suicide talk...I know my Dad is crying now but he will get over it or use what is left in my place to follow me. I just want to smile again and feel at peace. It has been weeks and I am only making my life worse with my depression and isolation.
Please somebody tell me a story of hope of success so I can have some reason to keep going. I need any crumb I can get as I am on the edge and feel matters are getting worse...I feel like a total loser who lost it all...

BriGuy

Antiquities Friend
Well, you know MY story already!! But you can think of ME as a crumb... something to grab onto... to continue to FIND a new way thru LIFE... and death is NOT a new way thru life!!

So stay with ME! Stay and fight with ME and maybe we can find the answers together!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Bri

Bambi

Thanks Bri but how pathetic is it that nobody has words of hope for me...I am looking for hope and support but seems I don't fit in here perhaps which saddens me as I felt the other sites didn't understand the whole suicide thing...

BriGuy

Antiquities Friend
unfortunately, on SF, not too many people HAVE good stories... so they can't really offer it!! It is NOT pathetic!

Well if this makes you feel any better, I have had depression since I was 8. I'm 14 now. My 1st attempt of suicide was when i was 11. But I made a list of reasons why I should live. Get some colorful markers and stuff and a posterboard. And fit as many things as you can on the poster of why you should live. it works for me.

justafool

Anyone who can survive year after year struggling with depression will eventually emerge as a strong person - a warrior. Happiness may not be in the immediate future for you, but strength and courage can be yours just for the asking.

Happiness makes a very pretty package, but courage is a more ambitious gift to receive.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Anyone who can survive year after year struggling with depression will eventually emerge as a strong person - a warrior. Happiness may not be in the immediate future for you, but strength and courage can be yours just for the asking.

Happiness makes a very pretty package, but courage is a more ambitious gift to receive.
Great post, I'm guessing your not 'justafool' :tongue:

Right U R Ken

Please somebody tell me a story of hope .....I feel like a total loser who lost it all...
Well I can I was actually a loser who lost it all, literally. About six years ago I lost my job, lost everything, I was living in a homeless shelter. I had a garbage bag of old clothes and $30. That was it. I didn't even have a driver's license much less a car. It took some hard work but now I have a steady job, my driver's license back, not one but 3 cars, and just this spring bought my first house!(very happy about the house) I'm not a perfect example of success as I'm still in danger from being alone, wish I had someone special, but as you can see I've come a long way from being at the absolute bottom.

Bambi

Hey all thanks for the replies...I sort of lost track of this tread but checked in ...thanks for the inspiration! I think it is great to hear good news...someone posted about a date tonight and HURRAY for them!
I know it is not all bad and as my Dad (the wisest man on the face of the Earth) says "little victories" take pride in them.

Thanks all...we are gonna make it!

Well, I felt better.

granted, i still have the blues sometimes but its not nearly as consistent as it used to be.

But, it wasnt spontaneous. I listened to a philosopher and applied his theories to my life.

So, I would pursue change, if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00