A Way to Cope

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Raichupuppy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Raichupuppy

Raichupuppy Active Member

You'll recall when I said I have a serious phobia of being dead and dying.
    Well while I have a serious fear of death, I also have a huge fascination with it. Scientifically and spiritually. Lately being at home, jobless and not going to school has began to depress me. Jobs are a lot harder to get then I thought, and I've had no luck getting one. My fiance is taking a hiatus on his school to try to work, since it's stressing him out. Since being home is depressing me, I've decided to look for a career to go to college for. Then I found something perfect.
    A mortician(funeral director).
    Like I said before, I have a large fascination with death, and I've always wanted a job that involved it. Not everyone can handle this job. I want to give it a try, and going to school and getting out of the house will be good for me.
    And maybe dealing with death first hand will help me overcome the fear and become numb to it. I need to learn to accept that death happens to everyone and it's inevitable.
    I may or may not enjoy the job, but I won't know until I try.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I do no thing any type of goal that involves you doing positive things with your life is a bad one - in simplest terms it is simply a job somebody has to do and if it has appeal to you then why not? I would do some reasonable research on it were I you to get a better idea of what it entails as an overall job description and remember in all but the very largest places it typically involves meeting dealing with grieving family members and some sales (yes, appalling but true). If you research it and it is of interest still then see what you need to do a set a plan to pursue it.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is a lot of counseling actually like NYMmpMaster said towards the family It is a job the helps people deal with a loss of a loved one.
  4. Raichupuppy

The only thing that discouradged me and annoyed me was my friend doesn't really think I can do it. But you know I have been into this for a long time and I don't need anyone's approval. I'm calling the school on monday. What's better, people are always dying. It's a job that will never run out of business.
  5. Raichupuppy

I'm really good at bieng a "therapist" of sorts. I really think I'll enjoy this job