A whole new level of anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ThatOneDude, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Member

I suffer from many different conditions: Social anxiety, ADHD, conversion disorder, and, to a lower degree, OCD and a form of Asperger's (most of the symptoms, but not all of them). I also suffer from conversion disorder, which makes for an annoying cocktail of psychological and physical results. One of them is the loss of mobility (not feeling) in my limbs, or even loss of consciousness, when I'm undergoing stress. Apart from paralyzing me, this further alienates me from my peers, as they see me stuck in a wheelchair about once a week. My issues combined with my fairly high intelligence really sets me apart socially, and I sometimes have trouble dealing with it. The worst part is that my brain never really shuts off, so I don't get much sleep either, which never helps. Does anyone have any advice for reducing stress?

Here's what I already tried: yoga, tai-chi, going to a therapist, taking medication, exercising, organizing my life better, and reaching out to others for help.

Thank you for your suggestions.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Music is a very good tool to help relax the mind quiet music peaceful music hun Reading as well helps to relax mind read book that brings you some joy. Warm bath helps as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.