A year ago (kind of positive post)

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by banishedbutterfly, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi im new,

a year ago (in a few days) i tried to kill myself for what must of been the 100th time. It was one of my worse attempts where i went into the woods overdosed and tried to hang myself. i was missing for 26 hours and was hallucinating and stumbeling around. There were police dogs and helicopters looking for me, infact one of the only things i remember is hiding from the helicopters search light under a tree. i was aparently very lucky, i was found when i was as i had stumbled into a clearing and the helicopter found me and told police on the ground and i am lucky not to have died and to not have lost an eye as i was scrathed and had lost most of my clothing while stumbleing through the woods. When i was found i was put into hospital for the 3 months on a section (although it was not the first time i have been in hospitaal on section i spent most of the year before in hospital).

but anyway that was a year ago and i have not tried any attempts anywhere near as serious as that attempt, i feel i have moved on slighty, there is some hope for people it isnt always bad forever! i still have bad days where the first thing i think of is death and how to kill myself and i have tried small things like hanging myself and small overdoses in the last year but its nothing as serious as they could have been and i have only been in hospital once since the time in woods a year ago. i just wanted to let people know things can get better. you just have to hang in there. i know that is just patronising whenever people say that to you (well i find it like that when its said to me) and i think "if i could hang on i would..i dont enjoy trying to kill myself" but im just trying to let you know there is some hope! it wont be dark and scary forever.

lots of love
    xxx

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. I am glad your attempts have not been successful. I hope you are able to hold on to that bit of hope you have and things do continue to move forward for you. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.