a year from my last log in. nothing has changed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jonsmith, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonsmith

jonsmith Well-Known Member

I'm the limo driver. tomorow like every other thanksgiving i'll be alone
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I bet you meet interesting people driving hun I am sorry you feel so alone
  3. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

this will be my 3rd thanksgiving alone in a row, since the ending of a relationship i thought would last a lifetime. i just tell everyone i don't believe in celebrating thanksgiving, which is partially true (it is pretty disrespectful to native americans), but the reality is that for me whether it's thanksgiving or any other day there are friends/family/loved ones to be with.

so jon, we can be alone together. and we will not be the only ones by far. i suggest distracting yourself by getting some long-neglected chores or tasks done, or relax by having a little at-home film fest. i plan on doing both...got my Japanese horror flicks all ready to go.
  4. jonsmith

hi folks, thanks for the words of kindness. ive always been alone. my mother and brother commited suicide when i was a boy. i have been alone on every holiday and every birthday my entire life. yes i meet interesting affluent involved people through my work. i envy them all.

i feel like a ghost walking among the living. when i die i'll be like that angry spirit in the subway that Patrick Swayze meets from the movie "Ghost"
  5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

no family. i will be eating a can of beans with my cat.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone, just replying to let you know someone cares. :hug:
  7. wyngedbyste

wyngedbyste Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving used to be one of my favorite holidays. Since my breakdown in 2009, I've spent every Thanksgiving alone. It just reminds me that I have no one. I'll eat my turkey tv dinner with my cat and imagine it's just a day like any other day.

Life is unkind.

8. Overlife

Overlife Member

This is very sad...I'm sure many of us here feel alone :(
    Have u ever considered joining some support groups to meet other people in similar circumstances? That may help u..
  9. jonsmith

I've been a loner my entire life. It's all i know. like the quote from the movie Taxi Driver. i'm Gods lonely man
  10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hope you'll reach out here... you don't have to go through life completely alone.
  11. jonsmith

thank you, wildcherry. you are very thoughtful
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.