A year to stop a suicide

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Ayeartolove, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayeartolove

Ayeartolove Member

Here's the story. My ex-boyfriend is someone who has never really been happy. He has had the hardest life out of anyone I know. I broke up with him because I wasn't happy in the relationship with him anymore. I turned to another guy to make me happy. But now I realize that I truly love my ex-boyfriend. He doesn't want to get back together with me and that's something I'm struggling to accept. What I can't accept is that he doesn't believe I love him or that I ever did. He is making himself physically ill but he has no health insurance so he won't seek medical help of any kind. He self harms. He won't get professional help. He doesn't want help. He has decided he's going to live one year. One year where he's going to live the ideal life. Get a job, go to university, get in shape, all that. But at the end of that year, he's going to commit suicide.

I have one year to convince him I love him, one year to stop him from committing suicide. My goal is that at the end of the year he no longer feels the need to die. This is my mission.

I've started a blog where I write him a note everyday and everyday I do something that I hope will affect him in a positive way.

I would like suggestions on things I can do that will brighten his days and let him know that he has a reason to live.

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Personally speaking, I don't think it's right that he puts you in the position that you have to convince him to live. He has to want to live for himself. If anyone said that to me, I'd tell them where to go ..

Obviously I'm not seeing it from your point of view or situation, but to me, this is nothing more than manipulation and a form of emotional blackmail.

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

ditto what Abacus21 said.

i dont want to be too harsh here but if he is saying he is going to go to uni, get a job etc and live a good life then go kill himself in a year, he sounds like a bit of a moron really.
    /sorry but i dont know how else to put it really.

4. Ayeartolove

Ayeartolove Member

Thats all probably true. *sigh* I don't understand him. But I love him and moron or not I want him to be happy and I don't want him to die.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Just be there for him, provide him support for that one year. If everything goes as planned, he might be flexible to stay alive for another couple of months... My deadline was this Christmas. We've all done deadlines here, and most of us are still alive. It's easy to commit suicide a year in advance, you're less inclined to do it as that year dwindles.

6. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what it would be like to try this entire year just to be let down? What if one day he just decides enough is enough. You're left feeling as if it was your fault, like you didnt do enough. It is so wrong of hm to put you under this amount of pressure.

Honestly, if he is going to do that to you then i dont see how he can be healthy for you.

7. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Why would you love someone like that? Have you been in therapy yourself?

8. Ayeartolove

Ayeartolove Member

Yes, I have been in therapy.

I already feel like its my fault. I feel like breaking up with him caused this. He was suicidal before I started dating him, but.... I just don't know.

9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

What about your life?

u didnt do this to him. Please dont make yourself believe that u have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.