A young mother that passed away.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by TheBLA, Jul 6, 2008.

1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Back in 2002, my mom had did some babysitting to get some money of her own and so a fellow Indian family wanted us to babysit their 15 month old daughter Nikeeta. My mom and especially I really took a shine to her, she was the cutest and sweetest baby I've known and our families became friends soon after. She'd always want to come back to our house.

Her mother had been very sick for the past few months, with cancer in many parts of her body. She had passed away last night at the age of 35. She was just at my brother's graduation party last week.

I haven't got to see the family yet, I don't know if I want to, I hate these depressing moments. Nikeeta is only 7 years old but I hear she's coping pretty well, her father is very upset of course and still at the hospital.

Once again, as with my grandmother that passed away in April, I feel very little sadness if anything. Though to be fair I guess, I didn't know her very much as did my grandmother. I feel far more guilty than sad over not feeling sad enough over her death. I don't want to be a cold-hearted person. I don't think I am. I think its more of me repressing it, I don't want to be sad, so I also probably won't go to the funeral, I couldn't bear to see all the sadness and crying. But I really should. I've never been to a funeral before.

I hope Nikeeta and her dad will be okay. They will be okay, this is just a very very large hump they have to go through right now. :sad:

I'm so lucky to still have my parents here, I don't know what I'll do when they will eventually pass away, maybe I will pass away before they do.

Rest in Peace Deewena Melwani........
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun I'm sorry for the loss. It is tragic to lose someone so young.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My sympathies to her family and friends. Rahul, people have different ways of grieving. Because you repress your feelings does not make you a bad person. It is your way of handling things.
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Damn it, the funeral was yesterday, I should have gone but chose not to. I guess I couldn't have handled all the crying and sadness so that's why I didn't go. I didn't know her much but I did babysit her now 7 year old daughter and she did like me. A few weeks back when she was in the hospital and very ill, my dad forced me to go and I didn't even want to talk to her. Its not like I didn't want to, but I don't want to see sickness and sadness, but I have to, I can't hide away from it. I have to stop being so damn sheltered, its what has screwed me up in the first place!

Why did she have to die? I should have died instead. She was happy and had a loving husband and daughter whereas my life is absolutely pathetic and I am not happy. Life really is not fair, that is an undeniable fact. :sad: