Aaaaagh!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by aoeu, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I am in horrible pain.

Why am I in horrible pain? Because I just did the dishes. It took about 30 minutes. 30 minutes of standing.

Following my seizure in April, 30 minutes of standing causes excrutiating pain. Spinal diagnostics turned up nothing. I've been doing appropriate stretching since.

This hurts so much, and it's the main reason I can't work. :( I just wanted to get that off my chest.

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

:hug:

i hate doing the dishes too ;)

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I have pain when I do the dishes...I've always had that since I was a child...I end up leaning on my arms because the pain is so intense that it makes me physically sit down....I normally have to do a bit then rest, a bit more then rest...or use a chair...that way it minimizes the pain...

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

No painkillers will work man? I'm really sorry to hear that. I have back problems so I kind of know how you feel.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Painkillers will work short term, but I hate taking them for conditions like this - if you block the pain, you can worsen the injury. If I can really get no real assistance I suppose I'll take them.

I think a Jewett brace is what I need but I can't get one without a referral but I can't get one without them diagnosing something. I don't think doctors are actually all that familiar with orthoses (given that they don't understand the word...) which are the best thing for many joint injuries.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.