Aaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit. On top of everything else that I am dealing with right now, my water pipes to the house have burst. I do not have the money to fix them and all water to the house has to be off until they are repaired. It was bad enough that they froze up, but at least I knew when it warmed up I would have water back. So now, no heat, no water in the middle of the winter where temps can reach -40°F. I thought I could deal with this. I have before, but not anymore. It is just too much. I should be grateful. I am not homeless. I have a bed to sleep in at night even if I can see my breath from the chill. I have a job. I should be thankful. I am, but it just isn't enough. Exactly what am I fighting for? Fighting to be miserable? Fighting for nightmares? Fighting the illness only to lose? Fighting for pain? Fighting to be abused? Fighting to live a life not worth living? Why? Can't I wave the white flag of surrender? I humbly accept defeat. I lose.

Gentlelady.
You have always been kind to me on here and hence, I feel badly reading this. Don't give up. It is the fight that makes us stronger, or so they say. I don't know if that is true or not, but I try to live by it. I don't know where you live or what types of services you have available, but I have helped numerous people/families get funds to cover repair or emergency situations such as you described - It is possible there are services near you that you could investigate as well.

You know my story and you know that's reason to hurt. Despite that, there is hope and it's not just a "saying." I know you know that. Hang in there. PM me in private if you want to talk. I'm concerned. You are important.

suzy

hi Gentlelady
i am concerned as well cause i know you are much further north then i am but in the same time zone so i write this at 4 pm my time and the sun goes down at 5 pm

is there any family or a hotel/motel that can keep you warm this sunday night? i know you might not be online to read this so the question really isnt going for an answer its just i know you need to think fast and avoid the cold

keep your mind in the moment calm and to the phone....

my thoughts are with you
suzy

You can and will get through this. I agree if there is somewhere else to stay until the pipes can be fixed? Its important to stay warm. It is horrible when we feel everything is against us. But you are fighting for that life that is worth living for. Please stay safe.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
ugggggggggggggggggggg dam pipes dam cold dam winter hun wish you lived closer hun i would take you in until pipes are fixed Hope you can find a warm place to stay hun somewhere hugs

it reminds me of when we get power outages here: our water has to be pumped up to the house with an electric pump, so no power means no tap water until the power is fixed.

i wish i could send you some of our summer heat to make you feel better, but alas i cannot. sending nothing but the kindest and most caring of thoughts your way, i hope that things improve for you soon. :hug:

TDM

suzy

frozen pipes in your home before new years

of course,

i am hoping things are better after last night... i sure dont know how you spent yesterday evening

now we have the second day and heading towards new years eve celabration

my thoughts are with you and i guess i just want it all warm and safe for you

i think the world needs to be proven a better place
i am sorry anything happened like it seems to happen these days

better days are ahead
suzy

Re: frozen pipes in your home before new years

I wish they would get better TE, but seems they only get worse. So much more going on than I can express or talk about. My lifeline is down to a single frayed thread. When that goes, it will be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

:hug: for you Gentlelady! Try and stay positive that things will get better :) Wish I had better words of advice for you, as you do for me .. but for now..keep the head above the water, you can fight this! :)

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni

Will try to reinforce that single thread hun with lots of love and care from here we won't let it fray any further h un hugs

Mozart

I am so sorry to hear about your problems and wish I could do something about it. You have been there for so many people here including my stupid self and it pains me to see you suffer like that. Please don't give up. I can feel for you as where I live we had several devastating major earthquakes in the last 2 years and the after effects are drastic and disastrous ,but I don't wanna bring on my own barmy story here. I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and I am sure you will get through this. But it can be --excuse my French--bloody tough. Take care !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00