Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by animeangelkitty, May 4, 2007.

1. Kay, hospitals suck...and I'm glad I'm not pre-med anymore!!
    sorry, let me explain, I'm a poor college student at an ivy league school, they accepted me because they needed someone from my state I think, and give me a lot of scholarship money....I had severe gastroenteritis this semester in college and my RA called the emergency services because she apparently thought I was drunk, hello, I'm one of the few freshmen who doesn't drink!! so they rushed me over to our college's hospital in an ambulance!! I wasn't unconscious or dying!!!! argh!!!! and they ran a whole heck of lot of unnecessary tests in the emergency room and this was after they diagnosed me!! Then the hospital released me after 10 hours and I had to walk back to my dorm because I didn't have a cell phone or money for a cab!! I had to walk back 10 blocks, I almost fainted and the police was not sympathetic, they told me I was loitering and almost arrested me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

anyhow, the bottom line was that they charged me $9000 yes, 3 zeroes, I'm not kidding! I wasn't even in the emergency room for 1 day!!! this is ridiculous, and you know what? I failed my physics final exam for an ivy league college!!! I'm feeling really depressed now, I wish my RA didn't have to call the emergency room, I wish I didn't have to take physics... why am I so stupid? yeah, i'm on the east coast, I don't have any relatives close to here and I'm pretty friendless, so yeah, maybe I should have just died in the hospital...
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good grief!!!!! 9,000 !!!!! :eek:hmy:
    Sounds like the kind of day that only time and distance can make bearable.
    Will your family be able to help out at all?
    Don't worry too much about the exam..failed my physics exam and then aced it on the re-sit.
    and physics and me dont like each other :biggrin:
    Could you take a break to go see family and friends? Being away from everyone you care about and who care about you can be very depressing. :hug:
  3. thank you terry, unfortunately, our physics class do not have re-sits. I'm stuck with the grade that I have which means I won't be able to go to medical school at all.

I think my family might be able to help out with some of the hospital bill, but it is just ridiculous to pay that much when I wasn't even there for a day and I was not in critical condition.

the trouble is that I'm going to school at pennsylvania and my home state is south dakota, that's about 1,000 miles away. I don't really get the chance to go home often.

but thank you for replying. You're the only one who has replied to my posts so far.