Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Neuropedia, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neuropedia

Neuropedia Member

I was sexually assaulted several years ago, and afterwards, my boyfriend seemed to immediately stop caring about me. For me, this hurt me more than the assault. Can anyone relate?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your boyfriend was weak could not handle what happened i am sorry he did that to you in a time your really needed him most. You need someone that will be there for you always i hope you meet that someone soon.
  3. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

I know this is totally different, but in some ways maybe I can understand how you feel.

At the start of this year I was in an abusive relationship. It was never physically violent or sexual; the abuse was all psychological and emotional. Looking back, I have no clue why I fell for her mind games, but I was in a dark place back then and I guess she preyed on that. It almost resulted in my suicide, which - judging by some of the things she said to me at the end - I believe was her ultimate goal.

After that, because I was so traumatised by what had happened, my oldest 'friend' whom I had known for about 25 years, suddenly walked out on me because apparently I was very upset and it wasn't nice being around me any more. In one fell swoop I had almost been driven to suicide in an act of evil that I felt was beyond comparison, and had been abandoned by the only person I felt that I could confide in about it.

People can be really, REALLY shitty. And it normally happens when you need them the most.

Feel free to pm me if I can be of any help.
  4. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

As violet said, it appears that he just didn't know how to handle it. This is a terrible shame, and so painful for you, especially after what you had already suffered. The important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, you did nothing wrong. Your boyfriend just didn't know what was expected of him and found it easier to run away than try to face it. I'm so sorry for you. You deserve to have someone who truly loves you and knows how to meet your needs. Don't give up hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.