Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Mordeci, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

does anybody have experince with this medication? my doctor perscribed it for paranoia but the possible side effects make me very nervous.
  2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I took it for a good 9 months and didn't really benefit from it so I stopped using it. I didn't have any bad side effects.
  3. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I was on Abilify for a while as well. I was one of the unlucky ones that experienced the wide variety of side affects. Side affects only lasted for about a month though. But for that month it was torture. Everyone reacts differently though, and if you're paranoia is getting out of control, I'd say go for it. There are a lot of people who benefit from the drug, but unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

All the best

4. bluefish

bluefish Well-Known Member

I just started this medication and I stopped because it just made me so sleepy. I would take it at night and wake up like if I had been drugged beyond recognition. I couldn't function at work. Anyone else had this problem?
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I wake up now better than ever since starting Abilify and I don't want to kill myself at all...
  6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

made me sleepy too!
  7. gogoejoe

gogoejoe New Member

hi there...

Abilify has a number of uses. It is an anti-psychotic for schizophrenia, a mood stabilizer for bipolar disorder, and can be combined with other meds for depression.I have major depression and added abilify to my other meds about two months ago. So far, the results have been surprisingly good.
  8. Sidewalk Slam

Sidewalk Slam Well-Known Member

I only took it for about two months.. I'm pretty sure it didn't do anything, side effects or positive effects.. I would have remembered.
  9. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I took it for about a year as a mood stabilizer. The effects were not very significant. However, I did notice a lack of emotion which got worse over time.
  10. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

It seems to work for me. I sleep better. Have a better rhythm. I don't want to cut, haven't done it. Don't want to kill myself. I want to change and progress. Deal better with my emotions (slowly).

Bad stuff: I took 3 kg...