Abortion (May trigger)

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by The_8th_Wonder, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Many people have different views on abortion and deciding on if it is the right thing to do or not. With the upcoming 2008 US presidential elections candidate John McCain's possible Vice President Sarah Palin has stated that she is anti-abortion. Palin has said that she does not believe in abortion in ANY case including incest and rape. There are many pro-life forums that believe that abortion is simply murder and should be illegal. If the republican ticket is voted into office they could have the power to take over the supreme court and make abortion illegal. So I ask you the following questions...

Are you pro and anti abortion:

Do you believe that abortion should be allowed in the cases of rape and incest:

Do you consider abortion murder:

Should a teenage girl be forced to carry a baby if she was raped:

My personal views...

Are you pro and anti abortion: Pro-abortion

Do you believe that abortion should be allowed in the cases of rape and incest: Yes

Do you consider abortion murder: No I think of it like this. You can't kill something that isn't yet alive on this Earth. Most woman have an abortion because they can not take care of the baby or are very young. If you consider killing a baby that is not born yet murder then is taking birth control murder? Is not having sex murder? Is using protection murder? In all of these cases the same result happens... no baby is ever born. If you would have changed these cases and not use BC or protection then isn't that murder because you are not allowing a baby to could potentially be born not be born?

Should a teenage girl be forced to carry a baby if she was raped: No that is just plain sick. This probably would piss me off more than anything else if I saw a teenage girl who was raped being forced to carry a baby...

2. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Birth control isnt murder because there is not an exact chance that you will become pregnant without birth control.

Abortion is murder because you are refusing a human being from being born. Its doesnt matter if you cant look after it, its not the childs fault its being born so why should it be punished? If the mother cannot look after the baby then it should be taken into foster care.

Imagine if, you had grown up to become a doctor, who provided care for hundreds of people, and helped contribute to the world. You had lots of money and would look after your parents when they got old. Imagine if your mother told you that she was coming close to killing you because it was inconvenient to look after you? THATS sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

So you'd rather someone have a kid that they can't take care of? A kid that would probably be neglected and grow up badly?

4. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Id rather have the kid taken into foster care or adoption.

5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Do you realize the thought process of a woman actually contemplating abortion? It's like the last choice in the book. Do you realize it's also the toughest decision she'd probably have to make in her life? Decisions don't come easily and the consequences are weighted with regrets and hate. Unless you've been there you can throw all your thoughts and all your hatred towards people that opt to have an abortion rather than force a child into a world where they can't be supported. Until then you really have no say because you couldn't nor wouldn't understand the thought nor the pain that goes behind making such a choice.

6. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I dont think it is only the mothers choice though, surley the child has more wether or not it has to die than she does? And I do have a say because I am alive, and this is a question of life and death here.

7. Spearmint

You wanna find a way to talk to a fetus to ask it if it wants to live or die? The "baby" doesn't get a choice, seeing as it isn't born, and can't talk. However, the mother should get a choice in whether or not she wants to care for a child.

8. ~PinkElephants~

A child is not a child until it's heart beats. They set up a time limit on when abortions can be given. After a certain time they cannot perform the procedure because then the child has a heart beat and is considered a life. Before then it's not a life. We will never agree on things like this Reuben. I think since you don't know what it's like and you don't knwo the rammifications nor the thought up to it you have no idea.
    You have no idea the long lasting effects or the effects prior to the decision.

9. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

first off i hate all politicians and i am disgusted with both parties. i hate 'abortion' as they call it which is just a euphemism for child murder. What it all comes down to is whether this child is a life and a person or isnt. if the unborn child is a person then under no circumstances should you be able to kill it! u can tell by sonograms and other techniques that it is a human life with developing organs and all

Are you pro and anti abortion: PRO-LIFE

Do you believe that abortion should be allowed in the cases of rape and incest:NO

Do you consider abortion murder: YES

Should a teenage girl be forced to carry a baby if she was raped:YES

10. ~PinkElephants~

So a woman is raped and should have to torment the baby and herself knowing the child was a product of rape. I wouldn't want to be in this world if I knew my mother only saw her rapist in my eyes. No thank you.

11. Spearmint

I really think it is absolutely disgusting that some of you think that a raped girl should be forced to carry her rapist's child.

12. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Exactly, which is why the child should be taken into care rather than be murdered. The child should be given the chance to experience life, because noone has the right to take away life, which is ultimatley another definition for abortion.

13. DrowningInTears

If you believe it is a human life, then why is it OK under any circumstance to kill the child? The world will never be perfect and this is a tragedy, but killing the child is not the answer. If the child wouldnt want to be in this world because of the heinous way they were spawned, then let the child decide that themselves after they are given a chance at life.

14. DrowningInTears

do not solve a tragedy with another tragedy. someone was raped and it was a tragedy, but murdering the child is still wrong. its never OK to murder anyone

15. ~PinkElephants~

See herein lies the problem. You give your opinions and all that stuff but you could never know what it's like. You sit here and say abortion is murder, in away maybe you're right, but the problem is it's not for you to hold someone accountable and judge them for their choices. You judge people for having to make a life altering, tough choice. You call them murderers when you don't know what led them to this decision. When you tell them they are murderers do you also ask them why they chose this path or do you just spit your bile at them? Do you wonder what could have happened to them to make them need or have to go through with an abortion? You don't realize at all how hard it is to have to sit there and realize you're killing your child. How could you understand it being that you've never even had to consider that choice? How can you spit your opinions about abortion being murder when you've never had that moment where you feel like your breath is in your throat and you're going to die as well?

I lie awake personally some nights wondering what could have been. I know the choice I made was personally the right choice because I look at my life and realize I would have destroyed an innocent child's had I not done what I did. I think about lying on the cold metal slab(yes it was cold) and then waking up feeling empty. I think about whether it hurt the fetus, but then I realize it couldn't have hurt b/c they don't even have a heart beat. I think about what my child could have looked like had I not made that choice. I think about the days that I could be talking to my child asking them how their day was. I took that choice away from them, yes, so call me a murderer if you will but like I said..you are throwing your opinions around without knowing the person behind the abortion.

16. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I think this is the moral of the story here.

17. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

how can you kill somthing that isnt alive? its not murder at all..

18. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I know what its like to be alive. I would never forgive my mother if she ever contemplated my death without my opinion, no matter the circumstances.

19. ~PinkElephants~

how could you forgive her for something you had no knowledge of? You would not know of this life nor of ever even possibly existing.

20. DrowningInTears

how is the child not alive? The child has living human cells, developing organs and bodyparts what stage of developement a human is in does not make it OK to kill them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.