About My Cancer Post!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by OnBorrowedTime, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think you DUMBASSES seriously misunderstood what i was saying!:rant:

I'm sick to death of listening to crap like 'thats a silly thing to say, if you knew what it was like you wouldn't say that' BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE DIPSHITS! I USE TO HAVE IT!:furious:

Are you honestly telling me that if you COULD ACTUALLY take this illness off somebody, that you honestly wouldn't help them?! Selfish gits!

THATS THE ONLY POINT I WAS MAKING!:wallbash:

F**K IT! DON'T KNOW WHY I BOTHER!

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hey there...

A word of advice: I appreciate why you may be pissed off, but insulting folks won't get you anywhere on here :hug:
    Though you may be angry, insults solve nothing, except maybe make you feel a tad better, and hurt many others. If you can express your feelings in a well phrased post, things generally work out much better for all :)

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Take care.

3. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Thanks for calling me a dumbass who the hell do you think you are. And I am not selfish either don't you think I wish my mum didn't have cancer and she wasn't going to die of it but she is and there's nothing I can do about that. I just have to accept that and do the best I can for her while she is still here and make what time she has the best it can be.
    Since you say you have had cancer yourself you should have some understanding about the upset it causes to people who haveto watch there loved ones suffer day in day out with this horrible illness. And not make light of a serious illness an want to wish it on yourself. It certainly is not a nice way to die I watched my gran suffer so much with it and eventually it took her like its going to with my mum.
    Maybe you should think before you post and don't take your anger out on other people

4. Listen shazza! I've never had any loved ones as you call them, so no I DON'T know what it does to them. I had lung cancer( not through smoking, i don't smoke) and i went though hell with it. I had no-one, and what doesn't seem to be sinking in with you, is that cancer is only bad if you care about yourself or somebody else..... I dont CARE! I don't care about myself and nobody cares about me!

When i had cancer 4 yrs ago, i wasn't upset at all about it, it didn't bother me mentally...... live or die,I DIDN'T CARE! I felt completely NUMB about it, but what i do remember, is that, when i was told i was free, that didn't make me happy. I'm i getting through to you now?:mad:

5. shazzer

I'm sorry you had lung cancer and I'm glad you are now free of it. No you are not getting through to me and I'm not trying to argue here but you have to understand that using cancer in this way is upsetting to people who have family members with it or have lost loved ones because of it and it is not a nice way to die.
    I live with it evey day and yes it is bad watching everything my mum has gone through and is going through because of it. I'm sory if you don't care about yourself and you say noone cares about you but using thi illness in this way is wrong

6. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Is it wrong to want to exchange one life for another. The op perceives his life to be less valuable than others. I think that's the point he's trying to make.:unsure:

7. PaintedCanvas

PaintedCanvas Active Member

Hello OnBorrowedTime (I like your name) Just read your posts and i kinda know where your coming from. You've been there before and if you had the chance to go through it again for someone more deserving you would. But i can also understand why people get angry, it's a sensitive subject. I also understand wanted to die from cancer because it's an acceptable short-cut so to speak.

I'm sorry you feel that you have no-one, but knowing that makes me understand your position more

Good Luck.

8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I think that OnBorrowedTime wants to say that he wish to have a cancer because he would probably be dead now, as a consequence of the long decease. He wants to say that he prefer to be dead (or almost dead) instead of living his life. He survived his illnes, but maybe thats not what he really wanted... I think that maybe his nick (OnBorrowedTime) is telling something, that he feels like with surviving the cancer, he has borrowed some time to live. I dont know Im right, maybe I am wrong about this... I dont know...
    Still, this doesnt give him a freedom to call others dumbasses. I think he will finally apologise to everyone here, but I think I know what he wanted to say with his thread.

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Look, I understand that you are hurting and alone and battling your own demons right now. But so are most of the other members here. And the ones that replied to your thread are only trying to help. And for their efforts they get the brunt of your anger! Almost every member here is in pain now or was at one time. So yours gives you no more rights than anyone else. You posted here and generally people do that because they are looking for help. If you just need to vent there are forums much more suited for that. FYI - I'm a dipshit/dumbass that is battling cancer! I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me. And as much as I wish someone could just take it away for me, I wouldn't give it to them if it meant saving my life!!! No one deserves this shit!!! Now if you're looking for a shoulder I'm here, if not I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  10. shazzer

Itmahanh
    :hug:

11. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

other people here are not numb when they are told that either they or someone that they care about has cancer. you need to choose your words more wisely in the future if you are going to insult people because not all situations are the same and not everyone is going to be numb about it and not care. :dry:

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: smile, itma, shazzer

13. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I understand what you are saying and can relate to your other post. I don't think that you were taking the issue of cancer lightly, especially since you have had it before. But I do think you could have chosen your words more carefully. If you ever want to talk, I'm here. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.