About to freak the eff out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NoNoNo, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoNoNo

NoNoNo Member

I'm a selfish person.

I'm in debt from overdraws 2 grand and the bank is about to close my account. and my parents have been paying small payments to help me keep it open.

I had everything all planned out. I was going to get a student loan, pay off my debt, and use the rest for school and living. But now I'm effed because I can't get it after they told me I would be able to. I had everything riding on this. This was going to allow me to fix my life and pay my parents what I owe them. This was going to be my freedom.
    Now, I have nothing. I can't fix the mess I made. I don't have money to go back to school. I can't find a job, and I have filled out a million applications, and been calling bugging them about it.. I doubt I would be able to keep it, since I always get fired. And now I don't even have gas in my car. I hate to ask them for gas, for the MILLIONTH time. I am nothing, worthless to everyone around me.
    This is just unbelievable right now. I can't stand it.
    I can't think of any other solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
  2. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I see bankers who have committed suicide reported on the news and I cannot help but feel so confused and saddened as to why they would throw their life away over something so materialistic.

I understand your pains at the moment, however, these problems are NOT unsolvable, and not being able to find work is certainly not your fault as the credit crunch has caused such a standstill.

I agree that debt is daunting, but you will pay it back. Not all at once I imagine but please be patient. 2 grand is less than many others who owe money. My cousin for example, made a very unwise choice in housing, his two newborn children and wife ate up a lot of the money, pretty soon it became £50, 000.

What did he say with regard to the estate agents, some of the most hated people on the planet? He said "they can sing for it"

I don't think this is the right attitude for you to take, but I do admire him not letting the debt depress him.

You're freaking out right now clearly, but honestly, this is no time to panic. You need to be practical rather than give up.

Please stay safe, and PM me if you ever want to talk.

Pixie x

3. maya444

maya444 New Member

I know exactly how you feel. I am drowning in debt. I have been struggling to make ends meet for the past couple of years. Now, my job has cut my hours. I am really screwed. I can't find another job right now. The economy is terrible. I don't know what to do. I have nowhere to go and noone to help me. I am not even going to be able to pay my basic bills. I just can't take it anymore.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You are not selfish.
    These are tough times.
    Remind yourself that these things are temporary. There have got to be other ways to deal with what's going on. Sit down with someone and try to work it out.

Hope you will be ok :hug:

5. NoNoNo

NoNoNo Member

i don't know....I could try to see if I can try again.... I don't know..

and ugggghhhhh I just saw a bunch of pictures of my ex boyfriend partying with a bunch a younger girls.....woooooooow, I'm dumb.

I just don't effing know. I know nothing. I want to either explode or implode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't freaking take this!!!!!

6. fromthatshow

Sounds like you got a lot going on :( :hug:
    I've been there. Looking at pictures of my ex with other guys. It fucking sucks. Hang in there. Cry if you can :arms:

7. NoNoNo

NoNoNo Member

Annnnnnnd my mom just came in my room yelling at me for not having a job still.

thanks everyone... I'm trying to calm down.....i even smoked weed...but it's not helping.

8. fromthatshow

at least you're here with us :hug:

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey NONONO,
    Do you have a resume filled out this tends to impress employers more than just an application. If you have no prior employment you can use on it then put your schooling on there. I was in management for ten years and my boss would have me sit in on interviews. Once the applicant left he would ask me what I thought.(Sneeky little bastard) he didn't want to take the blame if it didn't work out.
    I have heard that the mental health and nursing are both still employing people. Try the hospital. They have all kinds of different jobs. I want to go apply with ACT because of the help they gave me and because I know all the employees from being in there so much. I filled out an application to work there part time to start. I felt that is all I could handle for now. Well I received a letter about a week later saying they have full time openings, I just am not ready to be around people that long I need to work my self up to that.
    Well now that I got off my soap box, try finding a job as a floor tech in your mental health facility. All you do is observe everyone and check a list every fifteen minutes to make sure they are all there. You have some other minor duties also.
    They go thru employees pretty quick because alot of them just can't deal with mental problems. Give it a shot and see what happens!!~Joseph~

10. MikeJones86

MikeJones86 New Member

I think what you need to do is find a nice, rich boyfriend and move in with him (serious).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.